Spanish Translator and Dictionary - SpanishDict
By Curiosity Media
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
SpanishDict is the leading Spanish translator, dictionary, and conjugator trusted by more than 10 million people each month.
“The best free Spanish dictionary available in the app store!” Featuring the highest quality Spanish-English dictionaries, an interactive Spanish Word Game, a handy Spanish Phrasebook for translation with audio pronunciation, and a Spanish Word of the Day. Use it as a handy reference tool and translator or as a fun way to learn new words in Spanish.
• Spanish English Dictionary
- Full Spanish-English dictionary with examples, regional usage, and contextual information.
- Much faster than dictionary apps that require an Internet connection to lookup words.
- Words are autosuggested as you type.
- Audio pronunciations for dictionary entries available in-app (internet connection required).
- Full conjugation tables for all tenses now available for thousands of verbs.
- Irregular verb conjugations are highlighted in red.
- Three separate in-app translators (internet connection required).
- Simply type the phrase that you want translated and receive three translations.
• Word Game
- Challenge yourself with our fun Spanish word game and learn new words at all levels of Spanish difficulty.
- Audio pronunciations (available offline) introduce a word.
- Your job is to select the correct translation.
- The more translations you correctly choose, the more difficult the words become.
- Warning: the game is surprisingly addictive.
• Talking Spanish Phrasebook
- Features over 700 common Spanish words and phrases.
- Each entry includes a text translation and an audio pronunciation (available offline) in Spanish.
- Indispensable reference tool.
- Like your own personal translator while traveling in Spanish-speaking countries.
• Word of the Day
- Learn a new Spanish word each day!
- "A challenging word game to help you improve your Spanish."
- A quick and fun vocab lesson.
- Push notifications conveniently send you the new words.
- Easily turn off notifications in the Word of the Day settings.
- Keep track of Spanish words you are learning with the Favorites feature.
- E-mail yourself your Favorites list at any time with one click.
We hope you enjoy the app. Be sure to leave a positive feedback rating and tell your friends if you like it. And as always, good luck with your Spanish!
What's New in Version 4.13
Added even more high quality dictionary entries.
King of the Spanish Translation Apps
Anyone giving this 4 stars is kidding themselves. This app is like a fluent Spanish speaking friend who can tell you how to say all of those little idioms that you only know if you're a fluent Spanish speaker (like golpe de estado [por ejemplo]). I've never reviewed any app before in my life but felt compelled to do so for this one because it was that good and I wanted it to receive the proper acknowledgement that it truly merits! To be clear, I do not work for this company or know anyone who does, just a guy taking 10 minutes out of my day to do the right thing and fill out an appropriately deserved review. This app single handedly made my trip to Argentina one of the best in my life as I hadn't spoken Spanish since high school/college but, by leveraging this app to fill in the gaps, the people I spoke to while down there said I was basically fluent. There was no concept or idea that I could not communicate when going to this app tool in my arsenal. Good news, you need look no further for the Spanish translation app you're looking for!
Couldn't have transitioned so well without SpanishDict!
I recently moved from the United States to Mexico and this app has helped me tremendously through the months leading up to the move and while adjusting in a new country. I did not speak Spanish before, but I am learning very quickly and the locals and my husband have pointed out how well I'm doing. I do speak French fluently, so that probably helps, but I rely on this app all day every day. I'm giving it four stars because, As somebody else mentioned, it does not always translate phrases perfectly. It's fine for me because I love a challenge and I can tell by looking at a sentence if a verb is not conjugated correctly or if there are other errors as far as tense or missing words. In that regard, it's great because it forces me to attempt to make the correction on my own and then retested against the translator and see how close I am. Thank you so much for this useful tool. I certainly get a lot further when I know how to speak the language and ask for what I need and want.
Me Gusta Mucho ( Love ❤️ It )!
I love this app! I'm extremely impressed with how extensive and well thought out this Dictionary app is. The ability to search, in English or Spanish, for definitions, translations, and conjugations is amazingly easy.
I especially like the daily word sent; word identification game; and 3 other alternative translations from other search engines. There are numerous online examples of word usage and the ability to hear 👂 these examples spoken in English or Spanish.
Sometimes I find myself looking up a word and before I know it, I'm using this app for a half an hour or more. It's like being in Spanish 101 class again. I will and have recommended this app to friends, acquaintances, and family members.
(PS: If advertisements bother you, then upgrade for a slight fee...it's worth the money 💰)
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Nov 01, 2016
- Version: 4.13
- Size: 219 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Seller: Curiosity Media, Inc.
- © 2016 Curiosity Media, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Ad Removal$2.99