Spar lets you challenge your friends to build healthy habits in a super effective, fun, and social way. Read more books, hit the gym, learn an instrument... challenge your friends to anything.
When you do the activity, you post fun video check-ins for the group to see. Go you!
If you've got money on the line and fail to check-in, you pay a pre-set amount to the group pot -- when the challenge is over, the winner gets all the money!
Want to get fit? Try 50 push-ups a day, for 1 month, with a $10 penalty. You won't miss much!
Start a challenge with your friends today. Get better together -- or take their money!
- This has been a fun last couple of days, hasn't it?! Once again, after many hours and many cups of coffee, we are are hoping we finally found the solution.
Ratings and Reviews
Update—-Appreciate this app!
So I wrote a review before about how the app had a great concept but was hard to navigate because it was very hard to join any new challenges, or find new people to connect with for challenges. After January, it seems that has all changed. I joined in December, when there were sparse new challenges being created but I used now in the new year there are PLENTY of challenges to choose from and I experimented by creating my own challenge and made friends with some great people! It’s turned out fabulous in the end. I do think though the Spar! Camera function should be improved. I still don’t know how to edit the default length of time it records and I would like for Spar! To allow me to use videos from my camera gallery. All in all it’s pretty great. Try it!
Bugs Will Cost You Time and Money!
I've used this app for almost two months, and while it's very motivational and I've won about $50 from challenges, it's so buggy that I'm calling it quits. The app crashes while recording and uploading, which requires doing the challenge again and again, as well as deleting and reloading the entire app. I was able to join challenges that had begun a week before and was charged for the days I "missed," (the $40 was refunded when I contacted the company) and at least once the app showed I had successfully finished the challenge only to charge me later claiming no successful upload. And since Spar gets a cut of the penalty $$, I think there's a disincentive to make the app run well. I've had almost 200 check-in's over a dozen challenges and I would not recommend using the app in its current state.
Developer Response ,
Oh no! This is Lexi from Spar, we're really sad to hear this! Can you email me at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can correct this for you right away? The last thing we want is people having a bad user experience on spar! It sounds like you faced issues that weren't in your control and you should definitely *not* be penalized for that. Just in case you don't see this I think I found your account and refunded all charges. I'm not able to confirm your account from this review, but hopefully I got it right!
Great app, but UI needs an overhaul
I’ve been waiting a long time for a great accountability app like this. This app gets the job done with motivating me to accomplish various goals. My only complaint is the user interface and lack of features preventing this app from being perfect.
1) Each challenge needs its own page (similar to a Facebook event) where the creator can write a description of the challenge along with rules/requirements instead of having to explain via the chat
2) chat needs a feature to mute all but who you follow or the creator. I don’t like being bothered by numerous notifications from people having their own private conversation in the chat.
3) ability to search for challenges/ categories of challenges. Currently I can touch the “join a challenge” but it’s blank. Not sure if it’s just a glitch with my app, but it would be nice to search for specific challenges
Otherwise I love the app and am looking forward to improvements in the future!
- SPAR Technology Corporation
- 62.2 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 SPAR Technology Corporation
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.