Spark - Love your email again
By Readdle Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
**Beautiful and Intelligent Email App**
Email has taken too much time from people. Spark gives time back to all those who live by their inbox. Quickly see what’s important and clean up the rest.
"Best of 2016" - Apple
"The best email app on iOS just got a desktop version" - TheNextWeb
"It's a combination of polish, simplicity, and depth" - FastCompany
"You can create an email experience that works for you" - TechCrunch
**Farewell to Busy Inbox**
Smart Inbox intelligently bubbles what matters to the top
Smart Inbox lets you quickly see what's important in your inbox and clean up the rest. All new emails are smartly categorized into Personal, Notifications and Newsletters.
**Find Any Email In An Instant**
Powerful, natural language search makes it easy to find that email you're looking for. Just search the way you think and let Spark do the rest.
**Get Notified About Important Emails Only**
Smart Notifications filter out the noise, letting you know when an email is important, saving you from notification overload.
Tip: Teach Spark about that newsletter you just can't miss, and you'll get a notification every time it arrives. Spark learns as you email.
**Calendar Invites Can Be Beautiful**
Your calendar invites have their own, beautiful card with one-tap accept. See if you want to accept it right from your email.
**Sign Off With A Swipe**
Before you send an email, quickly swipe to choose the right signature for the occasion.
**Email with Emotion**
Quick Replies get the point across with just a tap. Love, like or acknowledge an email in an instant.
**Email Never Looked This Good**
That terrible "forward" and quote mess in your inbox is now replaced it with a beautiful, threaded message design.
**A Truly Personal Experience**
Customize Spark to work as you do. You decide which swipes do what, what cards are shown, and how many emails you want to see.
**Snooze That One For Later**
Snooze an email and get back to it when the time is right. Snoozing works across all your Apple devices.
**Connected To All Your Tools**
Integrate Spark into your workflow and take productivity to the next level. Supports Dropbox, Box, iCloud Drive, and more.
Spark works with any email address. Love your email again!
What's New in Version 1.2.0
Spark for Mac 1.2 is a massive upgrade that brings order to your inbox. Labels, folders, smart search and dozens of other improvements will make you love email again.
- Introducing Labels. We know how powerful labels can be while managing a busy/shared inbox. We believe that we’ve finally found the best solution; so, if you're using labels in your workflow, please go to Preferences > enable 'Show Labels in list.'
- Reinvented Folder Management to put your inbox in order. You can choose which folders are displayed on the sidebar and reorder folders with drag and drop.
- Extensive Folder management options: Color Tags, Recents, Favorites and Smart Folders with natural language filters (i.e. “Emails from Alex with PDF files”).
- Added Message count for Folders. This feature will be especially useful if you’re using mail rules to sort your emails. Now you can see how many unread emails you have in each folder. To enable this feature, go to Preferences > Message count for other folders > New Emails/All Emails.
- Improved Smart Search. You can use “OR” to get results from several emails or several folders at the same time (e.g. just type “from email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org’).
- Draft emails can be saved manually now
- Contacts suggestions in the “To” field work much better now
- Redesigned BCC options in Settings.
The Team has also FIXED a lot of stuff to make your email experience even better:
- Fixed an issue with old emails not loading
- Fixed an issue with Japanese characters
- Fixed the crash while customizing a Touch Bar
- Fixed the issue with Return button when moving an email
- Fixed the issue with color coding when ‘None’ is selected
- Fixed Reply All shortcut issue
- Fixed UI issue with labels in mail list
- Fixed rare crashes in Smart Inbox settings
- Fixed signature appearance issue
- Fixed email drag and drop behavior
- Fixed search suggestions issue
- Fixed crash on message deletion
- Fixed issues with some HTML emails
- Fixed Drafts saving
- The launch speed is now faster than ever!
- Fixed memory consumption and CPU usage issues
Readdle/Spark team is thrilled to introduce you to the new, improved version of Spark for Mac and hopes that you will like it as much as we do!
We’ve also got big news to be announced soon. Stay tuned!
The best mail app (with minor -real picky- issue)...
I have used many mail apps (including that awful one, (a while back) that they made you wait for—I can’t even remember its name) and Spark is above and beyond that, and all other mail apps I have used. Because Spark has same nice feeling as Mac Mail, I was expecting to be disappointed. This app consolidated everything in a smart way and made life better as soon as I looked at the options and learned their methods. I disabled quick responses—you can’t optionally turn off their credit in quick responses (that I saw). This program is amazing. I was able to take Mail and Outlook out of my dock and I don’t have to keep Gmail open in browsers anymore. All my mail is now in one place. Colors for labeling and organizing accounts are good and the app is nicely designed.
The app is free and so is complaining, so here goes with my extremely picky and minor issue…
Better font control—I don’t like apps that rely on the Mac font box—if that is going to happen, fine, but please throw in Adobe font keyboard commands to change the font size (leading and kerning optional! Text Edit commands are good, too). Just something—not being able to keyboard your font size in any writing app is rough! Did I mention the app was free?
Why do you make it so hard to love you?
I want to love Spark, I really do. But, there are three main deal breakers for me:
1. The way signatures are handled. The program constantly suggests new ones that are NOT signatures. If you errantly click “accept” it overrides your existing signatures. Something is wonky in the syncing between desktop and mobile as well. I have had to recreate my signatures at least half a dozen times. Not acceptable.
2. On my brand new MacBook Pro, Spark crushes my battery. We’re talking using 90+% of a full charge in an hour or less. Apple Mail sips juice, while Spark chugs it. For this reason, I cannot use Spark on my MBP when on battery power.
3. Editing text formatting is a real pain. There’s no link to change text colors and simple shortcuts like command+k to create a hyperlink do not work. Creating a formatted email takes considerably longer with Spark than Apple Mail.
Other than those three key items, the platform is great. I love the abilty to snooze, gestures, and the ability to customize the interface. I’ve tried to stick with Spark, but these three issues have pushed me back to Apple Mail time and time again. If these issues are fixed, I see myself using Spark exclusively.
Simple and Functional
I’m not exactly a power-email-user. But, I did find a need for a good/fast email client that synced across all my devices (i.e., MacBook, iPhone, iPad). Spark does just that, even going as far as to sync every setting via iCloud.
I cannot say this is the most robust, stable, or “power-user” friendly email client on macOS or iOS. What I can say is that if you want to check your numerous email accounts all from within one, single app, this will suffice just fine.
I’ve no complaints. Spark has been a pleasure to use, both on macOS and iOS. And, don’t forget, completely free to use. No ads, no in-app purchases. Just a beautifully designed app for all of us.