By Sparkling Apps BV
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Looking for a complete map app? Sparkling Maps uses industry standard mapping data to show any location across the world. Among its features are:
- Show your current location.
- Find any location by typing a name. Sparkling Maps uses an intelligent lookup mechanism to find the most probable place.
- Option to display the map in satellite or hybrid mode.
- Show the route between any two locations. Display a textual description of the route as well as show it on the map.
- Turn by turn navigation. This was never available on the original maps app. It works great across the world.
- Show any local places of relevance: restaurants, atms, hospitals, post offices, gas stations, supermarkets, train stations, etc.
- Street view! Press down on a street location to enter street view mode and do a virtual walkaround of many locations around the world.
Sparkling Maps requires an active internet connection (but slow speeds are ok). It will request to access your current location. The internet connection is used to request map details, no user information is used by Sparkling Apps or shared with any party.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions or remarks. We are unable to respond to app comments as they are more or less anonymous, please write to us if you have have any requests.
Good luck with Sparkling Maps!
What's New in Version 1.31
Improved location lookup and turn by turn navigation to known places.
Awesome, but needs to additions
I'm giving this a five-star, because I'm sure the developer will add the following two things:
1. Agreeing with other reviewers, please add the traffic overlay! You can link it to the traffic button you already have in the app.
2. Since you have Street View integrated so nicely, please add the Street View icon, when available, at each of the navigation text entries. It would be awesome to tap on the icon and switch to a Street View of the next change in directions, then click and X and go back to the map view. Since you can look ahead on your turn by turn directions, you could also look ahead at the next upcoming change in the Street View of that location!
Thanks for adding these as soon as possible, and keep up the great work!
I prefer these google maps over the new maps in iOS6, it's great to have this available again. The quality of the maps and the locations are excellent. Clean interface, shows the map clearly. Nice to see streetview in high resolution on my iPad now!
Nice but no traffic layer
It's nice to have Google maps back. I know Google is doing the final touches to it's map app soon to submitted to Apple. But if you can't wait, this is the solution. My only gripe is not having the traffic layer shown on the map. It has a traffic icon, but it just shows a days old incident near me. Not the freeway speeds (green, yellow and red) that we had with iOS 5.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Dec 08, 2012
- Version: 1.31
- Size: 1.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Sparkling apps BV
- © Sparkling Apps
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.