Spartacus International Gay Guide
By Bruno Gmuender GmbH
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Introducing the new version of the SPARTACUS International Gay Guide app – with over 24.000 listings from 143 countries worldwide, making it the world’s biggest travel guide for gay men! Now with enhanced usability, modern design, quicker processing plus many additional features for iOS5 or newer. Try our free worldwide version with selected content! No other gay travel application is more up-to-date or extensive.
Bars, cafés, clubs, saunas, hotels or simply a cruising area– with the new Spartacus iPhone App you can quickly find the information you need, wherever you are. The biggest advantage this app has over other electronic gay guides is its worldwide coverage and our proven code system. And all this without expensive roaming charges, as most of the functions also work offline!
The Spartacus-iPhone App currently delivers comprehensive and valuable information on 2600 cities; New York, Berlin, London, Paris, Barcelona, Rome, Los Angeles, Buenos Aires, Rio or São Paulo – all the gay hot spots worldwide. The Spartacus-iPhone App also covers the more unusual travel destinations such as Beijing, Tokyo, Perth or Lima, and even has information about venues outside the big city centers.
The Spartacus-iPhone App has these exciting features:
- Worldwide free version with selected content that enables you to check the app out with all of its functions. You may fill this version up with your purchased bundles from the shop.
- Our “Enjoy” function finds the places where men dance, have a hot date, shop, eat and drink, or where they can spend the night.
- All search results can be sorted by distance, name or rating and viewed on the interactive map or list.
- Filters enable you to select specific categories and combine the search with the well known SPARTACUS codes - so you can find all gay saunas with a pool or Danceclubs with darkrooms.
- Worldwide Event Calendar with new search options
- “Favorite” function where selected locations or areas can be stored for future use and quicker access.
- “Feedback” function enables quick contact between SPARTACUS editorial staff in Berlin, your Facebook profile or any e-mail address. With the help from our agents on site, this combination ensures that information is always up-to-date.
- Star System allows you to see which places are currently popular and you can even provide your own rating.
- Integrated information where entries are complemented with photos, flyers and other information, to deliver an overall comprehensive picture.
- Region-specific information for those who would like to find out more about a country or a city. There is information about the political situation for gay men at their destination as well as useful facts and figures, places of interest and other information.
- Navigation tool that quickly shows you the shortest way to your chosen location
The Spartacus-App has five different versions, all auto-renewable subscriptions, valid for 1 year:
- ‘Worldwide, free selected content’ - this is a free version with all functions and selected content
- ‘Worldwide’ - for information on the entire world! - price US$ 10,99
- `North America’ – information on Canada, Mexico and the U.S. – price US$ 6,99
- ‘Latin America, Asia, Africa and Oceania’ - all these regions together - price US$ 6,99
- ‘Europe’ - information on 45 European countries - price US$ 6,99
The paid-for versions include monthly content updates for 12 months. Thereafter content will remain unchanged until another subscription is paid.
- Subscription automatically renews itself unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase
What's New in Version 2.6
Improved event calendar, smaller bugfixes.
Crashes on launching (no more)
I had the 'App Crashes on startup' issue and support instructed me to delete and re-install the App. Apparently if your internet connection has issues during the content download it corrupts the app's database.
It worked for me and the app now works flawlessly for me.
Didn't really use it yet to review its content.
But I guess it's true you might find the same content on Google, yet here you have it all in one app that works offline, shows all places nicely on a map and has some classification and information about the places.
Don't waste your time or money
The app is free to download but to get any of the content you have to pay $9.99 a year. I made the mistake of paying it. Their database isn't very comprehensive. You can just google gay things to do in whatever city you are looking at and get more info. Definitely $10 in the trash.
Info is not updated.
Useless app. Info is not updated. Nowhere to leave feedback for other users. Such as bar closures. App crashes. 👎
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Jul 11, 2016
- Version: 2.6
- Size: 16.0 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: Bruno Gmuender GmbH
- © Bruno Gmuender GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- North America$5.99
- America, Africa, Asia, Oceania$5.99
- Latin America, Asia, Africa and Oceania$5.99