Speak it! Text to Speech
By Future Apps Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Introducing Speak it! 2, the most advanced text to speech solution in the App Store!
Have Speak it read your emails, favorite news articles, documents and more while you exit the app and do other things with your iDevice!
All this on your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad for an unbelievable price!
Future Apps presents Speak it!, the highest quality text to speech App available for the iPhone, iPod Touch, and now iPad! Speak it! utilizes the same voice synthesis engine that has made our iSpeak translator apps such a great hit. The text to speech engine is so powerful, it reproduces speech which is clear and natural sounding.
Copy emails, documents, web pages, PDF files, and more; paste them into Speak it!, and have the text spoken back to you with the highest quality text to speech engine available anywhere. You can even create the same quality audio files of the text to speech which can then be emailed to anyone you like! Need an elegant way to make announcements over your PA system? Speak it! can do that too. You can easily set up a list of pre-made announcements, and play them with a press of a button. You can even use Speak it! as a fun way to prank your friends! Speak it! is your own custom soundboard, with endless phrases and possible uses.
We have also realized in the past year there has been a growing disability community using Speak it! We would like to thank those users for supporting Speak it!, and for all the incredible feedback we have received. Speak it! 2.0 has new features just for these users including landscape mode, ability to change font size, and much more coming in future updates!
• Easy to use interface: simply enter the text you want to say, and press the “Speak it! button
• Four high quality voices are included: American Male, American Female, British Male, British Female
• NEW! Highlights words as they are spoken
• Ability to create audio files and email them
• Save as many phrases as you would like, and easily repeat them later
• Pause and resume speech playback
• Change the volume, as well as the speed of spoken text
• Change the font size of the text field
• Speak it! Store, where you can download 20 new voices
• Designed to be used while on a phone call
• Localized for French, Italian, German, and Spanish
*MacWorld Review (11/22/10) 4.5/5 mice!
What's New in Version 2.6
-back end changes in preparation for iSpeak 3.0
-fixed an issue where saved audio files would not play
-many bug and compatibly fixes
*Due to the large update for the voice engine and architectural changes for iSpeak 3.0, any additional voices you purchased are no longer compatible with this version of Speak it!. Simply visit the Speak it! Store inside your app to restore your previous purchases, and download the new voice files free of charge.
Thank you for you understanding, and get ready for iSpeak 3.0!
Could be great - main complaint: finding my spot
This app is good but very frustrating in one specific way. If I am listening and I want to go back, I can't just pause the speaking and tap on the text I want to read. I need to stop the reading, Go All The Way To The Beginning (the app now forces the view to the top of the text, when you select text, regardless of how deep you are into a long document), and finally, manually search through the text to find where is was. Then, if you are able to find your spot, you tap the text and... AGAIN, you are sent to the top of the text and need to search again. Seriously?
The only way to start at a different spot is to enter into the text editing mode and search from there, why, I have no idea.
Bummer. I'm a long time user of this app but... Who knows.
I don't understand the low reviews. As a doctor I use this app everyday to listen to my manuscripts that I am writing. I also write many letters to legislators and some are about 20 pages and I listen to them before i send them. It's an extra way to find errors. I listen to this.
The Voices are better than Siri, and the American woman has a pretty voice... I listen to journals articles and book chapters on this
I keep getting "needs update to latest iOS" but it never updates. It says its running slow. How can I get updates?
I've used this app everyday for how long it's been in existence. I can't speak. I like the natural voices & its simple to use.
Please keep it updated!!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Feb 05, 2013
- Version: 2.6
- Size: 233 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: John Stefanopoulos
- © Future Apps
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Laura: American Female Voice$0.99
- Peter: British Male Voice$0.99
- Rachel: British Female Voice$0.99
- Antonio: Spanish Male Voice$0.99
- Rosa: (US)Spanish Female Voice$0.99
- Klaus: German Male Voice$0.99
- Bruno: French Male Voice$0.99
- Vittorio: Italian Male Voice$0.99
- Nelly: American Female Voice$0.99
- Maria: Spanish Female Voice$0.99