Speak brings typed words and sentences to life using your iPhone, iPod or iPad!
• Beautiful, modern and sleek user interface.
• Sliders to adjust the Volume, Pitch and Rate of the voice.
• Option to change the accent/language of the voice.
• Favourite Phrases and Phrase History.
• Repeat feature let's you specify how many times your would like your phrase repeated.
• Recording feature to capture the screen and audio. This can then be saved or sent to your friends and family.
• Loads of settings to allow you to tweak Speak to behave just how you like.
• Support for Slide Over and Split Screen (on appropriate devices).
• Background Audio so you can continue listening to your text whilst your device is locked or you're working on something else.
• VoiceOver support.
Additionally, you can connect Speak to a Bluetooth speaker/headphones to broadcast your text even further.
Quick Tip: If a word doesn't sound quite right, try spelling it phonetically.
Many of Speak's users have lost their ability to speak (often after surgery) and Speak helps to give them a voice again.
An internet connection is not required to use this app. Additionally, Speak is ad-free, has no in-app purchases and is always optimised for the latest and greatest devices and software.
Have fun! And feel free to drop me an email with any suggestions or comments: email@example.com
If you find Speak useful or fun please take a moment to give it a quick review — I'd really appreciate it!
• Resolves an issue with audio playback on pre-iOS 10 devices.
• Improved method of requesting reviews.
Thanks for all the feedback, and for continuing to use Speak!
Ratings and Reviews
Wonderful Text-to-Speech App
This app is GREAT!!! I had surgery in my throat earlier this year and was unable to speak for two weeks--this app immensely helped me get through that time. I found the adjustable aspects extremely creative as well as entertaining. You can change the pitch and speed of the voice, and you can choose from a huge list of various accents! I'm glad I found this app, and I would recommend it to anyone who needs something like it. Not being able to speak if a very trying experience, and having this app to help out as well as add some entertainment value into your life is very nice :)
Recommended to everyone
This app has great potential and very interesting features. I love this app. The other reviewers are complaining about the recording feature, and i do think that it does need some tweaking, but it works a lot better than what it did when it was introduced. I have an iPad air 2 and so I needed that updated. And if both people have the application, you can send text to speech voices back and forth. Try this application.
Awesome app for writers and avid readers.
I use this app to help check my writing. It makes it easy to find misspelled words, grammar mistakes, and inconsistencies. It can be used as an additional step in the proofreading phase. I’ve pasted a 50,000 word piece, and it loaded and began reading it in seconds.
It’s great for listening to an e-book during your commute as well. Its a great app overall, and some of the voices sound more realistic and convincing than any other similar app out there.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.