Speak & Translate is an indispensable voice and text translator that allows you to communicate effectively in any corner of the globe.
EXCELLENT TRANSLATION OPTIONS:
* Apple Speech Recognition Technology support - real-time voice recognition significantly enhances the speed of your translations
* 117 languages for text translations
* 54 languages for voice translations
* Language detection for text-to-text mode: if you don't know what the language of the source text is, select Detect language from the language list
* iCloud integration: the history of your translations is synchronized across all your Apple devices
* Voice settings: choose male or female voice and its speed
Note: The Free version may be subject to limitations (ex. number of daily translations) and the limitations are subject to change.
Parts of service translated by Microsoft®. Parts of service translated by Google Translate™.
Speech to speech translations are supported between:
Arabic, Basque, Catalan, Chinese (Cantonese, Mandarin, Taiwan), Czech, Danish, Dutch (The Netherlands), English (Australian, Canadian, Indian, UK, US), Finnish, French, French (Canada), Galician, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Moldavian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Spanish (Mexican), Swedish, Thai, Turkish.
Speech to text translations are supported between:
Afrikaans, Bulgarian, Croatian, Filipino, Icelandic, Latin, Lithuanian, Malay, Persian, Serbian, Slovenian, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Zulu.
Text to text translations are supported between 117 languages, to check out the list of languages please visit Developer Website Link (http://www.apalon.com/speak_and_translate.html).
Get Speak & Translate Premium and enjoy:
- Unlimited translations
- Offline mode for text translations
- Ads-free translation experience
* Choose from different subscription options. Our standard subscription options are:
* Subscription payments will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of your purchase and upon commencement of each renewal term. Subscription with a free trial period will automatically renew to a paid subscription. You can cancel your subscription or free trial in the iTunes settings at least 24-hours before the end of the free trial period. The cancellation will take effect the day after the last day of the current subscription period and you will be downgraded to the free service.
* Please note: any unused portion of a free trial period (if offered) will be forfeited when you purchase a premium subscription during the free trial period.
For complete access to all Speak & Translate features, you will need to allow access to the following:
*Location – so that automatic language selection can be enabled for your host country when traveling.
*Microphone & Speech Recognition – so that speech-to-speech translations will work.
*Notifications – so that you can keep informed about new app features and interesting language facts.
Performance and stability improvements
We regularly release updates to improve your experience.
Ratings and Reviews
Why can’t I just pay for a one-time purchase?
While I really wanted to like this app, I’m deleting it from my phone. Was going to use it for an upcoming trip to Girona and Barcelona, Spain, and wanted to learn some Catalan and Spanish. Every few minutes I’m bombarded with pop-up ads and interruptions to pay for the premium service. Why do I need to pay 6 bucks a month for eternity when I just need this for a few months? Let me do an outright one-time purchase. You as the developer get to make some money, I, as the consumer, get to buy an app that will have a great short term value for me now, and might have use for later, also. Long term, I won’t feel like I’m getting ripped off with a hard to cancel, “what is this monthly charge on my credit card?” situation. That angers and turns off potential customers to your otherwise good product. This is simple marketing and branding common sense. Don’t be greedy. Yes, I know what your response will be, I’ve seen all the responses you’ve already posted to numerous others complaining about the same thing. The ads are annoying and cause terrible glitches, the constant pestering for the premium service turns potential app buyers off. Please reconsider your pricing structure. You’d be surprised how many more takers you’d have buying your app if you would allow a one-time premium purchase, for say, $30.
My 2¢, for free!
Thank you for your feedback! It is up to you to decide whether you want to get a subscription or not, but we are always here to ensure that you get the best value for your money. Subscription also allows additional flexibility - you can purchase the app for a certain time, for your trip duration for example, and afterward - cancel it and do not pay money for something you do not use. We are sorry that the proposed subscription plans do not meet your needs. You can always check out our other apps or, even better, monitor the store for special offers and sales.
Just get google translate.
I don't understand why someone would rate this app 5 stars. I have a few problems with this that I saw many other people had as well.
I went to Japan (and I speak a little Japanese so I used this app) and I noticed that some translations seemed weird. For example, I asked someone where the bathroom was and the translation to English said; "the bathroom is in the room" so you need to fix the translations.
2: Pop up ads
They are everywhere you click. When I try to type something in, it shows a 30 second pop up ad (that is usually grammarly coincidentally) and it messed up my text. Sometimes it even translate what I wrote, with is usually 3-4 words. So, I understand you want to make money, but get rid of the pop up ads.
3: The "Premium scam"
A lot of people have been scammed with the premium feature. Sadly, one including me. I bought this feature and when I re-opened the app, it was gone. So, I unsubscribed from the feature and bout it again. This time, it said I already have it. So I can't get it again. I had to end up ending my credit card so the payments would stop.
So, in conclusion, just use google translate. It is free, and you don't need to worry about pop up ads or any translation problems.
Hope this was helpful for people just getting this app.
This app was downloaded simply to view and try out compared to my other free apps, somehow it tricks you or slips into a subscription I did not want.. these traps must stop, no I cannot tell you how worth it this app is because it was limited with languages and filled with pop ups and be carful with your fingerprint button popping up, because one mistake touch.. and your lured into a subscription. I did not want a Subscription! Not figuring out apple’s new ios or whatever the reason be, they charge me and did not want to refund me.. bad Buisness ethics, I’m sorry for the negative review, but until I receive a refund, it stays because I did not want a subscription. No matter what the case may be, whether you want to try out the app or test it.. be careful!
P.S. Please return my wrongfully taken money!
Thank you for sharing opinion about the app. These functionality limitations in the app are compensated by the fact that it’s free. We offer you subscription only as an option for you to gain more value by saving extra money and receiving more content. Hope for your understanding.
Update: You can cancel subscription any time through your device Settings - iTunes & App Store - Apple ID - View Apple ID - Subscriptions - Manage. Developers have no possibility to unsubscribe you or help with refunds as developers do not have any access to users’ accounts. For further assistance with refund procedures please contact Apple support directly: https://support.apple.com/ Thank you in advance for understanding!
- IAC Search & Media Europe Ltd.
- 120.2 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Danish, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2014-2018 IAC Search & Media Technologies Limited
- In-App Purchases
- Translator: No Ads & Limits $6.99
- Translator: No Ads & Limits $4.99
- Translator: No Ads & Limits $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.