Speak & Translate is an indispensable voice and text translator that allows you to communicate effectively in any corner of the globe.
EXCELLENT TRANSLATION OPTIONS:
* Apple Speech Recognition Technology support - real-time voice recognition significantly enhances the speed of your translations
* 117 languages for text translations
* 54 languages for voice translations
* Language detection for text-to-text mode: if you don't know what the language of the source text is, select Detect language from the language list
* iCloud integration: the history of your translations is synchronized across all your Apple devices
* Voice settings: choose male or female voice and its speed
Note: The Free version may be subject to limitations (ex. number of daily translations) and the limitations are subject to change.
Parts of service translated by Microsoft®. Parts of service translated by Google Translate™.
Speech to speech translations are supported between:
Arabic, Basque, Catalan, Chinese (Cantonese, Mandarin, Taiwan), Czech, Danish, Dutch (The Netherlands), English (Australian, Canadian, Indian, UK, US), Finnish, French, French (Canada), Galician, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Moldavian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Spanish (Mexican), Swedish, Thai, Turkish.
Speech to text translations are supported between:
Afrikaans, Bulgarian, Croatian, Filipino, Icelandic, Latin, Lithuanian, Malay, Persian, Serbian, Slovenian, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Zulu.
Text to text translations are supported between 117 languages, to check out the list of languages please visit Developer Website Link (http://www.apalon.com/speak_and_translate.html).
Get Speak & Translate Premium and enjoy:
- Unlimited translations
- Offline mode for text translations
- Ads-free translation experience
* Choose from different subscription options. Our standard subscription options are:
* Subscription payments will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of your purchase and upon commencement of each renewal term. Subscription with a free trial period will automatically renew to a paid subscription. You can cancel your subscription or free trial in the iTunes settings at least 24-hours before the end of the free trial period. The cancellation will take effect the day after the last day of the current subscription period and you will be downgraded to the free service.
* Please note: any unused portion of a free trial period (if offered) will be forfeited when you purchase a premium subscription during the free trial period.
For complete access to all Speak & Translate features, you will need to allow access to the following:
*Location – so that automatic language selection can be enabled for your host country when traveling.
*Microphone & Speech Recognition – so that speech-to-speech translations will work.
*Notifications – so that you can keep informed about new app features and interesting language facts.
Thank you for using Speak & Translate! Here’s what’s new:
- Speak & Translate now supports iOS 12 fully
- Siri Shortcuts: Open Speak & Translate via voice commands
To improve our App for you, we regularly bring updates to the App Store with improvements for both speed and reliability.
Ratings and Reviews
Why can’t I just pay for a one-time purchase?
While I really wanted to like this app, I’m deleting it from my phone. Was going to use it for an upcoming trip to Girona and Barcelona, Spain, and wanted to learn some Catalan and Spanish. Every few minutes I’m bombarded with pop-up ads and interruptions to pay for the premium service. Why do I need to pay 6 bucks a month for eternity when I just need this for a few months? Let me do an outright one-time purchase. You as the developer get to make some money, I, as the consumer, get to buy an app that will have a great short term value for me now, and might have use for later, also. Long term, I won’t feel like I’m getting ripped off with a hard to cancel, “what is this monthly charge on my credit card?” situation. That angers and turns off potential customers to your otherwise good product. This is simple marketing and branding common sense. Don’t be greedy. Yes, I know what your response will be, I’ve seen all the responses you’ve already posted to numerous others complaining about the same thing. The ads are annoying and cause terrible glitches, the constant pestering for the premium service turns potential app buyers off. Please reconsider your pricing structure. You’d be surprised how many more takers you’d have buying your app if you would allow a one-time premium purchase, for say, $30.
My 2¢, for free!
Thank you for your feedback! It is up to you to decide whether you want to get a subscription or not, but we are always here to ensure that you get the best value for your money. Subscription also allows additional flexibility - you can purchase the app for a certain time, for your trip duration for example, and afterward - cancel it and do not pay money for something you do not use. We are sorry that the proposed subscription plans do not meet your needs. You can always check out our other apps or, even better, monitor the store for special offers and sales.
Found What I've Been Looking For
This type/speak translator is what I've been looking for decades in an English/Chinese Cantonese translator. Yes, Mandarin is the official Chinese language but so many people still speak the earlier dialects and this product fits the bill. I can type in English, and it converts into phonetics and also will automatically speak the words. My parent's native tongue is Toisin, similar to Cantonese, but an older and less prevalent dialect nowadays so I use this translator to confirm if any of the Cantonese vocabulary matches Toisin and refresh my memory on long-ago lost words.
There's only 3 enhancements I would request:
1. a Toisin dialect vocabulary (likely not)
2. offline for Cantonese, as only Mandarin available for Chinese
3. synch previous searches/translations across multiple ios devices using iCloud? I use my ipad mini with qwerty keyboard when at a desk, but for portability/travel it is more convenient for iphone. Don't want to have to rekey in all my searches on the iphone especially when preparing/conducting travel. So don't know if a one-time synch will be permanent such as if translations downloaded from another device via iCloud and would be resident going forward even w/o broadband access.
Thank you for this product, I really, really enjoy it.
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your comment and will consider it while working on future versions of the app. If you have any further suggestions or ideas - please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you in advance!
Just get google translate.
I don't understand why someone would rate this app 5 stars. I have a few problems with this that I saw many other people had as well.
I went to Japan (and I speak a little Japanese so I used this app) and I noticed that some translations seemed weird. For example, I asked someone where the bathroom was and the translation to English said; "the bathroom is in the room" so you need to fix the translations.
2: Pop up ads
They are everywhere you click. When I try to type something in, it shows a 30 second pop up ad (that is usually grammarly coincidentally) and it messed up my text. Sometimes it even translate what I wrote, with is usually 3-4 words. So, I understand you want to make money, but get rid of the pop up ads.
3: The "Premium scam"
A lot of people have been scammed with the premium feature. Sadly, one including me. I bought this feature and when I re-opened the app, it was gone. So, I unsubscribed from the feature and bout it again. This time, it said I already have it. So I can't get it again. I had to end up ending my credit card so the payments would stop.
So, in conclusion, just use google translate. It is free, and you don't need to worry about pop up ads or any translation problems.
Hope this was helpful for people just getting this app.
Thank you for your detailed review! We always work hard to make our app more useful and it's translations more correct and understandable for every language. Therefore we're really grateful for your feedback on this matter. Regarding the ads, unfortunately they compensate the fact that the app is free to use with an option to upgrade to the premium version. As for the premium itself - once paid there should be no need to pay for the app once again. You can always reach us at email@example.com and we will do everything possible to help you with it. For assistance on refunds please consider contacting Apple Support directly at https://support.apple.com/contact . Hope this all will help!
- IAC Search & Media Europe Ltd.
- 127.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Danish, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2014-2018 IAC Search & Media Technologies Limited
- In-App Purchases
- Translator: No Ads & Limits $6.99
- Translator: No Ads & Limits $4.99
- Translator: No Ads & Limits $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.