The only reading app designed to motivate kids to read!
** Over 200 interactive stories & songs that turn screen time into reading time
** So fun & engaging kids choose reading over games
** Stories promote active participation, grow vocabulary, and improve comprehension
** Designed so kids as young as 2 can easily use independently
**Available as a free trial and then a monthly or annual subscirption
WHAT’S INSIDE THE SPEAKABOOS READING APP for Kids
- Stories & songs for kids ages 2-6 including classic fairy tales, fables, and nursery rhymes as well as original characters developed exclusively for this reading app
- Well-known books for kids such as The 3 Little Pigs, Jack and the Beanstalk, Goldilocks, & Where the Wild Things Are,
- Popular characters that preschool and kindergarten children love like Thomas the Train, Angelina Ballerina, Sid the Science Kid, and Mike the Knight
- Sesame street songs with Elmo and Big Bird
- Stories organized by favorite kid’s topics like princesses, monsters, animals, music, and more!
- Reading app activity reporting that lets you know about your child’s reading activity
PARENTS & TEACHERS LOVE SPEAKABOOS FOR THEIR CHILDREN!
- “My 23-month-old daughter and I love to cuddle up and read your stories, especially the ones about fairytales and princesses.” - Ashley B., KY
- “My 5-year-old son is a reluctant reader, but Speakaboos stories on monsters and animals have really engaged him and he wants to read more books as a result! - Karen D., CA
- I’m an elementary school early literacy educator for 38 years now!! This app is fantastic!’ - Deb B., NJ
PRAISE FROM EDUCATORS AND MEDIA
- Awarded National Parenting Center’s Seal of Approval.
- Received an A+ from Education World.
- Named “one of the great websites” by the American Library Association.
- "Speakaboos... makes it easy for kids to learn to read by easing them through different phases: reading stories to them, helping them to follow along with the story as it's read, and finally allowing kids to read on their own," (Appolicious).
- "Speakaboos will be a very handy tool while traveling. We have put in quite a bit of air and car time this summer and it doesn’t take long before our active preschooler gets bored watching back to back movies. Speakaboos offers a good, more interactive alternative." (GeekMom).
SPEAKABOOS BUILDS AND SUPPORTS LITERACY FOR CHILDREN
Speakaboos’ educational methodology encourages literacy and learning through features including:
- Read-along word highlighting promotes word recognition among young readers.
- Clickable words allow children to hear the way words are pronounced.
- Rich illustrations, sound effects and music keeps kids engaged.
- 3 modes of play depending on reading level: Read To Me, Read & Play, Read It Myself.
- If you like Reading Rainbow, Scholastic Storia, FarFaria, Learn with Homer MeeGenius or ABC Mouse, you'll love Speakaboos stories.
Subscription details for Speakaboos Reading App: Stories & Songs for Kids:
- Subscription is offered on a monthly or yearly basis and provides unlimited access
- A 1-month subscription costs $7.99 and 12 months costs $69.99 or equivalent local price
– Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
– Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
– Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
– Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
– Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
By downloading Speakaboos, you agree to the following terms:
Minor updates to improve the experience of the app!
Ratings and Reviews
Kinder teacher & Mom approved
My kids have been using this app for a couple of years now. I love it and am now using it in my kindergarten class as well. My one and only complaint is about 1-2 times per week the app logs out and they lose their downloaded stories. They use their iPads in the car and Speakaboos is one of the main apps they turn to. When they lose their stories that means I need to spend the following evening sitting with both of their iPads going through all their favorite stories so they can have it the following day. It’s tedious. A) the problem of the random logging out needs to be fixed or B) it would be nice if parents had the option of going through a checklist of which stories (or all) to download instead of having to listen/watch each one or C) upon logging in, it should automatically download the stories they’ve watched or have selected as favorites
Terrible possible scam
First, I had to keep logging in every time. So even if this app was good, it would be frustrating that the kid cannot use it without parental help every time it gets closed out. Second, there is nothing worth $8/month on this app. Third, they make it impossible to cancel so I’ve been charged $8 for an app with less to offer than many free apps I have that are actually educational. It seems like a scam not to be able to cancel within the app so they hope people can’t figure out how to cancel before they get charged at least once. There are instructions about canceling within the App Store (never heard of doing that before) and those instructions don’t match up with anything actually in the App Store. I’ve emailed to have it canceled and am still waiting for a response.
Good, needs more work
It's got great stories, artwork is always good and the voices are usually fairly famous ones that step in to make a story. I really do like this as an educational tool, so I remain happy I bought it over ahead ago. Big problem for me is not being able to use this on any other device but the iPad I bought it on, so I have to pull mine out every time we use this thing.
- Conscious Content Media LLC
- 79.8 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Speakaboos
- In-App Purchases
- Speakaboos $4.99
- Speakaboos $7.99
- Speakaboos $7.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.