Speakaboos Stories: Read Along Educational Books & Songs for Preschool & Kindergarten Children
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
- Growing library of 150 stories & songs feature animation, interactivity, music, and read-along text.
- Developed by the expert team that produced Blue’s Clues, SuperWHY!, and NickJr.com.
- Proven to get kids reading -- on average 30+ books per month!
- Award-winning Speakaboos service already used by thousands of teachers and children.
- Focus on early childhood literacy as the foundation of future scholastic achievement.
- Stories & songs for children of all ages including nursery rhymes, fables, and fairytales.
- Classic books such as The 3 Little Pigs, Cinderella, Belinda’s Halloween, and Wheels on the Bus.
- Curated library of favorite kid’s topics like princesses, monsters, animals, music, and more!
- Speakaboos books are available anytime, anywhere - on the iPad, via the Web, online or offline.
PARENTS & TEACHERS LOVE SPEAKABOOS FOR THEIR CHILDREN!
- “My 23-month-old daughter and I love to cuddle up and read your stories, especially the ones about fairytales and princesses. Thank you for creating such a fun, kid-friendly, safe experience for pre-schoolers!” - Ashley B., KY
- “My 5-year-old son is a reluctant reader, but Speakaboos stories on monsters and animals have really engaged him and he wants to read more books as a result! He also loves singing along with the nursery rhymes” - Karen D., CA
- “My children love Speakaboos. I teach Kindergarten and this is a great educational resource for our reading center and storytime. We recently did a lesson on Aesop’s Fables and Speakaboos was perfect!” - Lisa E., NC
- I’m an elementary school early literacy educator for 38 years now!! This app is fantastic!’ - Deb B., NJ
PRAISE FROM EDUCATORS AND MEDIA
- Awarded National Parenting Center’s Seal of Approval.
- Received an A+ from Education World.
- Named “one of the great websites” by the American Library Association.
- Described as an “impressive,” “indispensable,” and “valuable” resource for learning and literacy by Parenting, Kidscreen and Publisher’s Weekly.
- "Speakaboos... makes it easy for kids to learn to read by easing them through different phases: reading stories to them, helping them to follow along with the story as it's read, and finally allowing kids to read on their own," (Appolicious).
- "Speakaboos will be a very handy tool while traveling. We have put in quite a bit of air and car time this summer and it doesn’t take long before our active preschooler gets bored watching back to back movies. Speakaboos offers a good, more interactive alternative." (GeekMom).
SPEAKABOOS BUILDS AND SUPPORTS LITERACY FOR CHILDREN
Speakaboos’ educational methodology encourages literacy and learning by focusing on high-interest stories and contextual interactivity, as well as through features including:
- Read-along word highlighting, which promotes word recognition among young readers.
- Clickable words so children can hear the way words are pronounced.
- Rich illustrations, sound effects, and music that keeps kids entertained.
- 3 modes of play depending on reading level: Read To Me, Read & Play, Read It Myself.
- If you like Reading Rainbow, Scholastic Storia, FarFaria, Learn with Homer and MeeGenius, you'll love Speakaboos books.
SUBSCRIPTION DETAILS FOR SPEAKABOOS - READ ALONG, SING ALONG STORIES FOR KIDS
- Subscription is offered on a monthly, 6-month, or yearly basis and gives unlimited access to a rainbow of stories & songs.
- A 1-month subscription costs $4.99, 6 months is $24.99, and 12 months costs $39.99 (limited time offer) or equivalent local price.
- Payment will be charged to iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
- Subscription for the Speakaboos library of books will automatically renew.
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and may be canceled at any time by going to ‘Account Settings’ after purchase.
What's New in Version 1.1.1
Catnip for kids
My nieces won't put this thing down! Great value - I bought a Disney princess app for about the same price as a monthly subscription and they didn't play with it as much. Their parents gave me an A+ for giving tgem an app to help them learn something. Also, this app helped us identify where the girls needed help with their skills. The older one had some trouble with the puzzles in 3 Little Pigs, so we got her a puzzle from the store to help her better understand how the pieces fit together. Love that the subscription is accessible on the computer too. I don't think there's an iPhone app yet, but hope they'll hurry with it to make the app even more portable!
Great Kids App
So happy we found this app! My 3 year old daughter is totally eating it up. She loves the princess stories and all of the songs. We went with the annual subscription because of the discount. It looks like they are adding stories every week too. What can I say, it keeps her engaged, it's got educator approved stories and I get a few extra moments to get things done without feeling bad about what she's watching/doing.
My Nephew Loves It
I downloaded Speakaboos for my nephew to distract him from games and videos and he loved it! He found the books he liked on cars and trucks, read along, clicked on characters to hear them speak and repeated this over and over until it was time to sleep. It's really nice to see an app that makes reading so fun for young kids and has enough stories to keep their attention. No more Angry Birds!