Speakaboos Kids Books - Interactive Children’s Stories, Read Along Videos & Educational Songs
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Speakaboos offers a growing library of 150+ stories & songs featuring animation, interactivity, music, and read-along text.
- Wide range of interest categories help children find stories that spark their love of reading
- Interactive features engage young readers while improving comprehension, vocabulary, and fluency
- Developed by the creative minds behind Blue's Clues, SuperWHY! And NickJr.com
- Over 15 million stories read in homes and classrooms around the world
- Stories & songs for children of all ages including nursery rhymes, fables, and fairytales.
- Well-known books such as The 3 Little Pigs, Cinderella, Sid the Science Kid, and Wheels on the Bus.
- Curated library of favorite kid’s topics like princesses, monsters, animals, music, and more!
- Speakaboos books are available anytime, anywhere - on the iPad, via the Web, online or offline.
PARENTS & TEACHERS LOVE SPEAKABOOS FOR THEIR CHILDREN!
- “My 23-month-old daughter and I love to cuddle up and read your stories, especially the ones about fairytales and princesses. Thank you for creating such a fun, kid-friendly, safe experience for pre-schoolers!” - Ashley B., KY
- “My 5-year-old son is a reluctant reader, but Speakaboos stories on monsters and animals have really engaged him and he wants to read more books as a result! He also loves singing along with the nursery rhymes” - Karen D., CA
- “My children love Speakaboos. I teach Kindergarten and this is a great educational resource for our reading center and storytime. We recently did a lesson on Aesop’s Fables and Speakaboos was perfect!” - Lisa E., NC
- I’m an elementary school early literacy educator for 38 years now!! This app is fantastic!’ - Deb B., NJ
PRAISE FROM EDUCATORS AND MEDIA
- Awarded National Parenting Center’s Seal of Approval.
- Received an A+ from Education World.
- Named “one of the great websites” by the American Library Association.
- Described as an “impressive,” “indispensable,” and “valuable” resource for learning and literacy by Parenting, Kidscreen and Publisher’s Weekly.
- "Speakaboos... makes it easy for kids to learn to read by easing them through different phases: reading stories to them, helping them to follow along with the story as it's read, and finally allowing kids to read on their own," (Appolicious).
- "Speakaboos will be a very handy tool while traveling. We have put in quite a bit of air and car time this summer and it doesn’t take long before our active preschooler gets bored watching back to back movies. Speakaboos offers a good, more interactive alternative." (GeekMom).
SPEAKABOOS BUILDS AND SUPPORTS LITERACY FOR CHILDREN
Speakaboos’ educational methodology encourages literacy and learning by focusing on high-interest stories and contextual interactivity, as well as through features including:
- Read-along word highlighting promotes word recognition among young readers.
- Clickable words allow children to hear the way words are pronounced.
- Rich illustrations, sound effects and music keeps kids engaged.
- 3 modes of play depending on reading level: Read To Me, Read & Play, Read It Myself.
- If you like Reading Rainbow, Scholastic Storia, FarFaria, Learn with Homer and MeeGenius, you'll love Speakaboos books.
SUBSCRIPTION DETAILS FOR SPEAKABOOS - READ ALONG, SING ALONG STORIES FOR KIDS
- Subscription is offered on a monthly, 6-month, or yearly basis and gives unlimited access to a rainbow of stories & songs.
- A 1-month subscription costs $4.99, 6 months is $26.99, and 12 months costs $49.99 or equivalent local price.
- Payment will be charged to iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
- Subscription for the Speakaboos library of books will automatically renew.
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and may be canceled at any time by going to ‘Account Settings’ after purchase.
What's New in Version 2.3.1
Minor bug fixes
Kids Favorite App
My kids love this app. They enjoy the engaging stories on their favorite topics, the beautiful animation and interactivity and the fact they can read so many stories by themselves.
Fantastic app to get kids reading
This is a wonderful, beautiful app that really helps kids want to read more. The stories are fun and educational too!
We love it!
We've been loving Speakaboos for over a year now. It has great stories and songs that really keep my daughter engaged.
- Category: Books
- Updated: Mar 27, 2015
- Version: 2.3.1
- Size: 58.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Conscious Content Media LLC
- © 2015 Speakaboos
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases