SpeakEasy French ~ Offline Phrasebook and Flashcards with Native Speaker Voice and Phonetics
By Pocketglow Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
With 800 spoken and phonetically written words and expressions, this phrasebook is designed to do exactly what the name says - make speaking French easy for you.
Perfect for those traveling to France, Quebec or other French-speaking regions, this phrasebook covers essential phrases on topics such as meeting people, eating out, transportation, sightseeing, shopping and many more.
Written specifically for English-speakers, this phrasebook leaves no room for mispronunciation. Each phrase includes a translation to French, an easy-to-read phonetic translation, and an audio recording of a native French speaker - all contained in a well structured, user-friendly interface.
Whether you choose to browse phrases by category, or use the search facility to instantly find what you're looking for, SpeakEasy French is an efficient lifeline when you know what to say but don't know how.
• 800 essential travel phrases with both French and phonetic translations plus audio.
• Audio clips recorded by a native speaker to help you perfect your pronunciation.
• Flashcards with English on one side and French on the other side, that you can use to study and test yourself.
• Slow-play feature that plays audio at a slow speed to assist learning.
• Search facility to instantly find the phrase you're looking for.
• Favorites feature to provide fast access to your favorite phrases.
• Adjustable text size. You can use a larger text size for added clarity.
• Hide the phonetics. If you're a pro and don't need the extra assistance, the phonetics can be hidden.
• Copy the translations to the clipboard and paste them into any app you wish.
• Support for US English, UK English and Canadian English spelling.
• No internet connection required. The app will work no matter where you are.
INCLUDES OVER 800 PHRASES, SUCH AS:
• Where is the restroom?
• Are you married?
• Let's go to a restaurant
• Do you speak French?
• I don't speak French
• Do you understand me?
• Call a doctor!
• I've run out of medication
• I need the consulate
• How do I get to the … ?
• How much does a ticket cost?
• When is the next museum tour?
• Please call a taxi
• How much does it cost?
• Where is luggage check-in?
• Where can I rent a car?
• My car has broken down
• Can I see the menu?
• Do you have a menu in English?
• What do you recommend?
• For dessert, I'll have …
• That was delicious!
• Do you accept credit cards?
• A glass of red wine
• Where can I buy … ?
• How much does this cost?
• Can I try this on?
• I need a hotel …
• I have a reservation
• I have lost the room key
• What time is check-out?
• Where is the nearest bank?
• What is the exchange rate?
• What time is it?
• Can I get a cash advance?
• You are very pretty
• You are very handsome
• What is your telephone number?
• I will miss you
• Thanks for the evening
EXPANSION PHRASE PACKS
• Additional phrase packs are available for purchase to expand SpeakEasy French to over 1,650 phrases.
• All phrase packs include audio recordings by the same native speaker, plus French and phonetic translations.
• Phrase pack contents can be viewed from within the app.
What's New in Version 3.5
Support for iOS 8 and the new iPhones.
Perfect for Traveling
I played around with a few free learn French apps and this one was my favorite, so I bought the full version. Definitely a good investment to have more phrases to use while traveling. I like how for each phrase the app has the written words, how an English speaker should attempt to pronounce the phrase, the spoken audio, and the option to play it slower if need be. As a non-French speaker trying to learn important phrases before a trip to Paris this was perfect.
After buying I didn't expect to have to purchase add ons
Phrase categories are rudimentary and if you want anything more sophisticated you are invited to purchase add ons. I'm used to the come on with free apps, not the ones I paid for. Also, I didn't get too far before I got a pop up box inviting me to register for a free phrase a day. When I tried to register I got a lot of programming script and a message that I would have to try again later. I did. Same problem. But the message wouldn't leave the screen unless I rejected the "offer," so I couldn't get past the first basic phrases unless I declined.
Viva La France
Pocket glow has done what my French classes
at college were not able to do........that is for me to speak French as the French do. I congratulate you on the form and easy learning context you have developed and I also commend you on the voice of the young lady you chose to give the class. Merci beau coup !
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Nov 12, 2014
- Version: 3.5
- Size: 34.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Pocketglow Inc.
- © 2011-2014 Pocketglow Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Also Included In
Top In-App Purchases
- SpeakEasy French Bundle Pack$1.99
- SpeakEasy French Common Topics Pack$0.99
- SpeakEasy French House and Home Pack$0.99
- SpeakEasy French Knowledge Pack$0.99
- SpeakEasy French Nature Pack$0.99
- SpeakEasy French Health Pack$0.99