With hundreds of spoken and phonetically written words and expressions, this phrasebook is designed to do exactly what the name says – make speaking Ukrainian easy for you.
Perfect for those travelling to Ukraine, this phrasebook covers essential phrases on topics such as meeting people, eating out, transportation, sightseeing, shopping and many more.
Written specifically for English-speakers, this highly accurate phrasebook leaves no room for mispronunciation. Each phrase includes a translation to Ukrainian, an easy-to-read phonetic translation and an audio recording of a native Ukrainian speaker – all contained in a well structured, user-friendly interface. Designed to make the learning process more complete, the Information page offers a helpful overview of the Ukrainian alphabet to help you to learn to read without any assistance.
Whether you choose to browse phrases by category, or use the search facility to instantly find what you’re looking for, SpeakEasy Ukrainian is an efficient lifeline when you know what to say but don’t know how.
• 610 phrases with both Ukrainian language and phonetic translations.
• Audio clips recorded by a native speaker to help you perfect your pronunciation.
• Flashcards with English on one side and Ukrainian on the other side, that you can use to study and test yourself.
• Slow-play feature that plays audio at a slow speed to assist learning.
• Search facility to instantly find the phrase you're looking for.
• Favorites feature to provide fast access to your favorite phrases.
• Adjustable text size. You can use a larger text size for added clarity.
• Hide the phonetics. If you're a pro and don't need the extra assistance, the phonetics can be hidden.
• Copy the translations to the clipboard and paste them into any app you wish.
• Support for US English, UK English and Canadian English spelling.
• No internet connection required. The app will work no matter where you are.
INCLUDES PHRASES SUCH AS:
• Where are the restrooms?
• Are you married?
• Can I invite you to a restaurant?
• Do you speak Ukrainian?
• I speak a little
• Do you speak English?
• Do you understand me?
• I don't speak Ukrainian
• Could you speak more slowly?
• Call a doctor!
• Where is the nearest hospital?
• I need the consulate
• How do I get to the … ?
• How much does a ticket cost?
• Please call a taxi
• How much does it cost?
• Where is luggage check-in?
• I am a vegetarian
• It was delicious!
• Are you sure this is correct?
• Do you accept credit cards?
• Where can I buy … ?
• How much does this cost?
• Do you have a bigger size?
• I need a hotel …
• I have a reservation here
• May I see the room?
• What is the exchange rate?
• What time is it?
• You are very beautiful
• You are very nice
• Are you busy this evening?
• Shall we see each other tomorrow?
• Can I invite you to a club?
SpeakEasy 4 is a major update which we are thrilled to offer our customers as a free update.
Every part of the app has been refreshed and refined.
We hope you love it!
What’s New in SpeakEasy 4?
• App design has been modernized to fit in with the latest iOS.
• Completely redesigned Flashcards screen. Flashcards now behave like a physical deck of cards.
• Your “Favorites” can now be viewed as their own Flashcard deck.
• Native support for iPhone X and iPad Pro.
• Support for split-screen multitasking on supported iPads.
Ratings and Reviews
Loving This, Very Helpful
Currently I am trying to learn Ukrainian so that I may be able to speak it when I go there and visit family in Ukraine. I love this app so far. It helps me understand phrases and words that you’d hear every day.
I just bought the app a couple of days ago and I am very satisfied and very happy. To me it was the most productive $4.00 I’ve spent on ITunes.
I love how it pronounces it to you as well as showing you how it’s pronounced, so you can get a better understanding of how things are said.
One thing I would like to added however would be relationships/ affiliation such mother, father, brother, sister, cousin, aunts and uncles. In addition maybe some commonly used verbs such as “walking”, like walking to the store. Or talking, such as “I am talking with Sergei right now”. One last final bit that I would like to see in there would be contrasting words such as polite and impolite, hungry and full, tall and short, etc. I feel that adding these in would better help others and me carrying on more diverse conversations in Ukrainian.
Thank you guys again! You guys rock!
Best Ukrainian language learner ever!!!
This app is the best app ive ever downloaded. It tells you all the need to know phrases and some. This app has the only easy to understand explanation of the Ukrainian alphabet. I've searched high and low and could never find an easy to understand Ukrainian alphabet. But this certainly has one. I had the free version for a while but decided to upgrade to pro, and was not dissapointed in the slightest. If I could rate it 6stars I would.
I'm 14 and I am learning this for a girl 😍
Okay so there's this foreign exchange student she's amazing beautiful hot accent and barely speaks English so I'm not the funniest or most attractive or smartest 😕 but I'm trying my best to learn so I can at least impress her and hope she will be impressed 😂 and ask her to homecoming but I have a hard time saying it right and she can't understand me so yeah um but can you make it to where it has more conversations or wanna go to homecoming with me 😂
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.