SpeakEasy Voice Recorder
By Zarboo Software
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Record and playback notes, reminders, or just about anything from your iPhone’s built-in microphone. SpeakEasy gives you a recording studio that fits into your pocket. Intuitive and fun, SpeakEasy is the premier voice recorder for your iPhone.
- Beautifully animated and intuitive user interface with large, easy to touch buttons
- Easily group and organize your recordings by category
- Add a photo, title, and comments to any recording
- Pause and continue both recording and playback
- Download your recordings from SpeakEasy using to your computer using your web browser.
- Turn your recordings into custom ringtones
- Adjustable audio quality (from 8 to 44.1 kHz sample rate)
- Interruption protection allows you to continue recording after a phone call interruption
- New recording indicators both within SpeakEasy and on the home screen icon
- On the go recording options allow for quick start and save
- Speaker mode toggle button on playback screen
- Unlimited recording length
- Works with iPhone and second generation iPod Touch. IMPORTANT: The first generation iPod Touch is not supported by SpeakEasy. Using SpeakEasy with a second generation iPod Touch requires iPhone compatible earbuds with a built-in microphone.
What's New in Version 1.3.0
Recordings in SpeakEasy can now be easily transferred to any computer on your WiFi network. Use the WiFi button in the upper left corner of any recording list to allow access to the recordings in that list.
Highly Polished App
From the app icon to the whole user interface, this app looks gorgeous. And what's more, it actually works perfectly. It is very simple and straightforward to use. The whole process of recording audio and essentially saving it or deleting it is extremely intuitive and concise. The file repository is clean, uncluttered and well labelled with files sorted neatly into generic date categories (last week, yesterday, today etc) Tap a file and you're taken to the playback screen. Needless to say, all expected transport controls are here together with the now expected audio slider. When it comes to getting files off the phone and onto your mac/pc, the developers offer a free desktop app that does it all for you - even importing you audio files straight into iTunes... I'd personally prefer this transfer mode to be less dependant on iTunes, but I'm sure that will be an option in a future version. In any case, it's not a big issue. If you need to record audio using your iphone look no further. This is the app you want.
Easy to use and reliable.
SpeakEasy was my first iPhone application which means I'm not a power user so I just wanted something to record fast notes and/or lectures. The interface is easy to use and understand, performance is reliable and produces high-quality results. Provides plenty of options for saving, deleting, pausing, and transferring to iTunes (via a separate and equally reliable app.) Customer service has been fast and courteous. What more could you ask for? I recommend this app to anyone who needs a straightforward solution to audio recording on the iPhone.
Excellent recording app
Not sure what happened to all the reviews for this app!
I haven't been using this much lately (not much need for recording right now). But, I used it a lot till a few months ago. I looked at the reviews for all the "popular" recording apps, and this got the best consistent reviews, back when it was $4.99. I got very good sound quality, very easy to use. Good purchase.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Dec 16, 2009
- Version: 1.3.0
- Size: 0.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Zarboo Software, LLC
- © 2008 Zarboo Software
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.