SpeakEasy Voice Recorder
By Zarboo Software
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Record and playback notes, reminders, or just about anything from your iPhone’s built-in microphone. SpeakEasy gives you a recording studio that fits into your pocket. Intuitive and fun, SpeakEasy is the premier voice recorder for your iPhone.
- Beautifully animated and intuitive user interface with large, easy to touch buttons
- Easily group and organize your recordings by category
- Add a photo, title, and comments to any recording
- Pause and continue both recording and playback
- Download your recordings from SpeakEasy using to your computer using your web browser.
- Turn your recordings into custom ringtones
- Adjustable audio quality (from 8 to 44.1 kHz sample rate)
- Interruption protection allows you to continue recording after a phone call interruption
- New recording indicators both within SpeakEasy and on the home screen icon
- On the go recording options allow for quick start and save
- Speaker mode toggle button on playback screen
- Unlimited recording length
- Works with iPhone and second generation iPod Touch. IMPORTANT: The first generation iPod Touch is not supported by SpeakEasy. Using SpeakEasy with a second generation iPod Touch requires iPhone compatible earbuds with a built-in microphone.
What's New in Version 1.3.0
Recordings in SpeakEasy can now be easily transferred to any computer on your WiFi network. Use the WiFi button in the upper left corner of any recording list to allow access to the recordings in that list.
Works nicely but recordings won
I've spent hours painstakingly trying to wirelessly download my recordings, with no luck. I've tried both the $1.99 and $2.99 versions- sometimes they download partially, sometimes it just won't initiate. The "iTunes version" doesn't open in iTunes. I sold an actual digital voice recorder because I thought this was substitute - wish I had read the reviews first.
The interface is nice, but don't buy this app if you don't want your recordings marooned on your phone. Someone should tell Zarboo that "WiFi" downloading isn't cooler than plugging in a cord - especially if it doesn't work.
Where is Zarboob support?
Just bought this yesterday, worked great for recording a meeting last night, but I can't connect via wifi to get recording to my computer. And no Zarboob website. Should have read the reviews and checked the website -- which is missing -- before buying because wifi is what I wanted most. A plus is that it's more friendly than the recorder that comes with the iphone, but not 2 bucks worth, esp with no zarboob to answer questions.
Works but can't email or do anything with the voice notes
There is no way to send the voice notes to anyone or share the voice note. There is no social integration or even the simplest options other than to save it. I can't even find the files when I use an iphone file manager. The interface is ok but could be better. The buttons are too small. There's too many apps that do the same thing to chose from...should have picked another one.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Dec 16, 2009
- Version: 1.3.0
- Size: 0.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Zarboo Software, LLC
- © 2008 Zarboo Software
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.