Speaking Spell Preschool
By BANG! Studios
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
I've always had fond memories of my Speak n Spell from the early 1980s, but there's never been a decent replacement for the iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad until now.
Speaking Spell provides not only the familiar keyboard input and voice response of the original Speak 'n' Spell but adds a number of features and enhancements that cannot be found with any other app, like:
- The spoken text is very understandable. We've used top-of-the-line text to speech software to ensure that students will not struggle with Speaking Spell's speech.
- A "Hint" button which recites a sentence using the word that the student is asked to spell. The format is standard spelling bee: A sentence, and then the word is repeated
- The word list is taken from actual spelling exercises used by teachers.
- The word list is constantly being added to and enhanced.
- The user interface is incredibly child-friendly. Not only does each letter keypress provide audio feedback of the letter, but the onscreen keys are highlighted and increased in size ... just like the standard iPhone / iPad / iPod Touch keyboard but with bright, easily readable buttons meant just for young students
- The word to be spelled can be repeated at any time, or skipped if the student is having too much difficulty with it
- We're open to suggestions! If there's any enhancements that teachers and/or parents would like to see, we're happy to add them in future releases.
All in all we're very proud of Speaking Spell -- it's the best spelling drill, tutor and edutainment app for spelling on the App Store!
What's New in Version 1.1
Speaking Spell's code has been optimized -- it launches and runs faster on all iOS devices. As well, it's now fully compatible with iOS versions 3.1.3 and up, including 4.2!
- Category: Education
- Updated: Nov 16, 2010
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 23.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: John Czlonka
- © 2010
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.1.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.