Take your Spectrum TV experience with you! With the Spectrum TV App, you can enjoy up to 250 live TV channels and up to 30,000 On Demand TV shows and movies when you're connected to your Spectrum Internet WiFi network at home. Plus, when you're on the go, enjoy up to 150 live channels and up to 20,000 On Demand titles anywhere you have an internet connection. (See note on availability below.)
TURN ANY ROOM INTO A TV ROOM
Your subscription to Spectrum TV turns your device into another TV screen and lets you watch live TV and On Demand programming anywhere in your home when connected to your Spectrum Internet WiFi network. Watch movies from your bedroom, take cooking shows with you to the kitchen or catch up with the news from your breakfast table.
FIND YOUR FAVORITE PROGRAMS
• Filter live TV by category, sort by channel number, network names or program titles and quickly recall recently watched channels.
• Create a personalized guide by setting favorite channels.
• Search by title, person or sports team anywhere in the app.
CONTROL YOUR TV and DVR
Depending on your service area and equipment, you can use your phone or tablet to:
• Change TV channels on your Spectrum receiver.
• Record your favorite TV shows and movies.
• Delete and modify DVR recordings individually or by series.
• Play a DVR recording on your TV (compatible DVRs only).
• Give your Spectrum receivers nicknames to help you know which one you're scheduling recordings on (go to Settings).
SET PARENTAL CONTROLS
When you turn on Parental Controls and set a PIN, you can block shows by channel or rating. You'll need to turn on Parental Controls for each device your household uses, but the channel and rating blocks you set up apply across all devices.
WHAT YOU NEED TO USE THIS APP
• Available programming is based on your Spectrum TV subscription package and whether or not you're connected to your Spectrum Internet WiFi network at home.
• A Spectrum username and password are required. If you don't have one, you can create one at www.spectrum.net/login.
• A WiFi or cellular network connection (data charges from your carrier may apply).
• Device requirements: iPhone (4S or newer), iPad (2 or newer), or iPod touch (5th gen or newer) running iOS 9 or above.
SHARE YOUR FEEDBACK
We read your reviews and take your concerns seriously. You can send us your feedback in Settings. If you need help, please reach out to email@example.com.
NOTE ON AVAILABILITY
We make every effort to offer the same live and On Demand programming that you can watch on your TV, and we frequently add new channels. However, programming restrictions keep us from making every channel available on the Spectrum TV App. Channel availability also varies by market.
• We fixed a bug that caused occasional crashes in the app.
Ratings and Reviews
mute video and audio commercials
I figured out a beautiful trick. If you’re like me you’re sick of the commercials. I don’t need a new day USA, I don’t use catheters, i’m not interested in any more prescription drugs in my life. Not interested in hiring a lawyer. Add nausea etc. etc. etc.
Here’s my trick stream the TV app to your Apple TV easy right. My old Apple TV 2 is fine, $50 on ebay, for your peace of mind is a good deal. As soon as the commercial starts push the home button if you still have one on your iPhone , the commercial stops! then put the timer app right next to the Spectrum app, set a timer to 3.5 (I downloaded a silence all noises tone for $.99 at the App Store so my timer doesn’t alert). So trying to reduce the things in my life that annoy me the timer is silent also. When the time is up use the switcher to enter back your program in the Spectrum app. After about five days of this you’ll feel so much better in your life you will not be bombarded by the stupid commercials that never improve and are constantly insulting obnoxious and downright rude.
Depending on the program for example Judge Judy, her commercial breaks are 3.5 minutes long. Most other channels are four minutes long. And some programs like National Geographic Channel actually will go into a five minute commercial break this is enough to poison the mind. These ads are like stupid carnival barkers...NO MORE.
Greatest invention in history
I have tv in all my rooms now. I use this app mostly in the restroom when I shower or do other things. At the end of the night I spend a lot of time in the restroom shaving showering etc. takes forever for me like an hour or so. so I end up missing out on my tv shows. Not anymore!!! I have the iPhone X with otter box defender with the stand and I just set this phone on the window and enjoy. Sometimes with Bluetooth speaker as well. Occasionally the app stops or won’t come on not a big deal. It’s way better than other options like buying a regular tv run wires etc. this app has changed my life. Started using it years ago and haven’t stop. I may never ever buy another tv again. Just use the phone or iPad. Tv companies should worry. I don’t live alone and my roommates still prefer good ol fashion tv but when I’m alone goodbye regular television sets. I watch tv at night in bed before I go to sleep. Just a matter of time till I can finally get rid of the spectrum cable tv boxes and save money!
On demand shows restart if you leave the app
It is extremely frustrating to pause the show to answer a text or use another app on my phone, and then return to the app to continue to only have the show start from the very beginning again.
To make it 90% through the show to only have it restart from the beginning and then not be able to skip through the parts I’ve already seen is a poor experience. This is something I have noticed on the tv app across multiple platforms.
I already have to put up with the multitude of useless commercials once, but if I want to finish the show I’ve already started, I have to have to sit through them all again because it doesn’t allow you to skip through them. This app needs A LOT of work to improve the user experience.
- Charter Communications Operating, LLC
- 131.2 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2016 Charter Communications
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.