Take your Spectrum TV experience with you! With the Spectrum TV App, you can enjoy up to 250 live TV channels and up to 30,000 On Demand TV shows and movies when you're connected to your Spectrum Internet WiFi network at home. Plus, when you're on the go, enjoy up to 150 live channels and up to 20,000 On Demand titles anywhere you have an internet connection. (See note on availability below.)
TURN ANY ROOM INTO A TV ROOM
Your subscription to Spectrum TV turns your device into another TV screen and lets you watch live TV and On Demand programming anywhere in your home when connected to your Spectrum Internet WiFi network. Watch movies from your bedroom, take cooking shows with you to the kitchen or catch up with the news from your breakfast table.
FIND YOUR FAVORITE PROGRAMS
• Filter live TV by category, sort by channel number, network names or program titles and quickly recall recently watched channels.
• Create a personalized guide by setting favorite channels.
• Search by title, person or sports team anywhere in the app.
CONTROL YOUR TV and DVR
Depending on your service area and equipment, you can use your phone or tablet to:
• Change TV channels on your Spectrum receiver.
• Record your favorite TV shows and movies.
• Delete and modify DVR recordings individually or by series.
• Play a DVR recording on your TV (compatible DVRs only).
• Give your Spectrum receivers nicknames to help you know which one you're scheduling recordings on (go to Settings).
SET PARENTAL CONTROLS
When you turn on Parental Controls and set a PIN, you can block shows by channel or rating. You'll need to turn on Parental Controls for each device your household uses, but the channel and rating blocks you set up apply across all devices.
WHAT YOU NEED TO USE THIS APP
• Available programming is based on your Spectrum TV subscription package and whether or not you're connected to your Spectrum Internet WiFi network at home.
• A Spectrum username and password are required. If you don't have one, you can create one at www.spectrum.net/login.
• A WiFi or cellular network connection (data charges from your carrier may apply).
• Device requirements: iPhone (4S or newer), iPad (2 or newer), or iPod touch (5th gen or newer) running iOS 9 or above.
SHARE YOUR FEEDBACK
We read your reviews and take your concerns seriously. You can send us your feedback in Settings. If you need help, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE ON AVAILABILITY
We make every effort to offer the same live and On Demand programming that you can watch on your TV, and we frequently add new channels. However, programming restrictions keep us from making every channel available on the Spectrum TV App. Channel availability also varies by market.
•We fixed a couple of bugs that caused occasional crashes within the app.
•We corrected an issue that affected adding and removing favorites.
Ratings and Reviews
Even for a 30 free trial, this app and spectrum as a whole is crap. First off, the day of installation I find out that the technician wasn’t even with spectrum like how Comcast and at&t has their own. Spectrum has outside contractors. Should’ve known they were charter once, didn’t like them either. Next, the night of, the channels froze up as I was scrolling through so I had to restart the cable and tv twice, the lineup is jumbled or scrambled meaning, some channels like nick and nick jr. maybe some where separate from other nick channels. This is the third day of the free trial and the on demand completely stopped and I couldn’t do anything but shut it off. The internet on the first night went in and out so the modem had to be restarted and it is slow as ever but they say they are faster than at&t. I may not care for at&t, I may slightly care for direct tv which is what I had but spectrum is one of the worst “services out there. I thought of the saying “you get what you pay for,” in this case it’s free for 30 days but I see paying customers dislike it for similar reasons. To top this off, they have the nerve to tell me when trying to sell me, we are better and cheaper than what you’re paying with direct tv/at&t. He told me we could get three premium channels and internet for $150+ tax, I hit him with one simple truth, I doubt it given I pay only $134 taxes included for direct tv/at&t. They won’t be buying out my contract at all.
Spectrum TV App
This app is the icing on the cake when it comes to Spectrum and their absolutely terrible TV and Internet services. Whoever at the HQ in Stamford made this app needs to read this comment before reading anything else. This MIGHT help this app become a 5 star app maybe not. First the UI is sufficient but what I don't understand is why Spectrum software developers made this app to only handle 3 streams at once. I was watching Comedy Central on my surface and it was running fine until I changed the channel to MTV then I changed it back to Comedy Central and then that's when it appeared. And now I'm not able to watch anything. Also another thing is that this app keeps crashing in certain devices. There's not enough bandwidth, and this app is just overall pointless unless you have an actual STB ( set top box ) This app paired with Spectrum internet is also bad because I'm almost at my max bandwidth just using this app. If your having bandwidth issues go with 1080i like the STB's instead of 1080p. The Internet throttles down to about 30 Mbps from 100Mbps. If you guys actually listen to your customers maybe you I would be better but I highly doubt that but like I said if Spectrum makes those changes I might give it a 4 at least. Your number 2 in the country behind Xfinity Comcast and your slogan is
" redefining what a cable company can be " um I don't think your actually committed to that. So your number 2 in the country act like it.
VPN Error Messages
I’m so sad to have to give one star and to voice a complaint, but I have dumped and reloaded this Spectrum TV App over and over trying to stop this VPN Error message from popping up and knocking the video off. I can still get the audio, just no picture when the message comes up. I’ve done everything there is to do (and that I’m able to do) to make this function properly. I give up!!! Clearly, I have a problem or Spectrum does. Judging from the reviews, it’s not me.
Being disabled with limited mobility and funds, I can’t afford to keep putting precious money into a sinking ship; just to be able to watch TV via my mobile phone when I’m not able to be in the living room. It’s the only TV in the house and I rely on my Spectrum TV App to watch in bed or on the porch. But lately, it has become a near impossibility to enjoy the luxury of taking the “TV anywhere on my phone.”
Instead of repeatedly buying the latest high-powered WiFi Units and downloading an updated app again and again, maybe I should just delete the Spectrum TV App and the Spectrum Cable, Internet and Phone Service from my house altogether??? This is pathetic. This is really costing me on several levels and I’m not alone! Come on Spectrum, I was really impressed with the new attitude, products, services, etc and thought you guys were really on top of your business. I guess I’m wrong.
- Charter Communications Operating, LLC
- 97.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2016 Charter Communications
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.