By Eigenlogik LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Spectrum is an app for easily and intuitively creating beautiful color schemes.
Inspired by the principles of color theory, Spectrum allows you to:
• Create aesthetically pleasing color schemes based on harmony rules
• Explore tints and shades for colors in your palette
• Automatically generate color schemes from images
• Preview your color schemes using a variety of visualizations
• Capture colors from your screen using the built-in color picking tool
• Organize your collection of color schemes into a searchable database
• Import and Export your color schemes as CSS, PNG and ASE files
• Switch between two color wheel modes - perceptual and uniform
• Compose schemes using your preferred color profile
Need help? Have suggestions for improving Spectrum? Get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
What's New in Version 1.6.0
- You can now select multiple palettes for export (either combined or individually)
- You can now manually arranging palettes in the library
- Support for backing up and restoring the entire library
- Improved compatibility with Spectrum for iOS
- Minor design tweaks
- Fixed a bug which could produce inadvertent palette color changes
- Fixed iCloud issue on OS X Lion
- Fixed a scrolling issue on Mavericks
I was using Color Schemer which had SO MANY issues, now Color Schemer is no longer supported and I was worried that I would not find another program that did what Color Schemer did. But Spectrum is an amazing product and I’m glad I found it. It works as needed and has a good amount of color profiles to switch between.
I had written when I first reviewed this that the eyedropper wasn't working with a two monitor setup in Yosemite. This seems to have changed in later versions of Yosemite without the app changing. The bug may have been Apple's! This is good!