Spectrum is an app for easily and intuitively creating beautiful color schemes.
Inspired by the principles of color theory, Spectrum allows you to:
• Create aesthetically pleasing color schemes based on harmony rules
• Explore tints and shades for colors in your palette
• Automatically generate color schemes from images
• Preview your color schemes using a variety of visualizations
• Capture colors from your screen using the built-in color picking tool
• Organize your collection of color schemes into a searchable database
• Import and Export your color schemes as CSS, PNG and ASE files
• Switch between two color wheel modes - perceptual and uniform
• Compose schemes using your preferred color profile
Need help? Have suggestions for improving Spectrum? Get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
Support for macOS Sierra
Ratings and Reviews
Missed it by that much
I like the look and simplicity of this app. In fact, I’d use it all the time if the color picker were accurate. Unfortunately, it isn’t. When attempting to pick #5f45ff, Spectrum consistently grabs #5a47f5, which is close, but noticably off. Oops!
Does not Important ASE files
The price was extremely high for a color palette app but I was looking for one that would import .ASE files and this fit the bill. Unfortuately the import throws errors or just shows black after executing. Needless to say I’m very dissatisfied and wish I could recover my money. Highly unrecommended.
Best of Breed
This is definitely one of the best apps in the Mac App Store. Best of Breed. Blue Ribbon. Simple, clean, tasteful, DISCOVERABLE. Not 100% perfect but well into the range between 90% and 99%.
Great at getting a finite number of good colors from an image.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.