Improve speech and language skills with Speech Cards, a flashcards app for people of all ages. Each card shows customizable text and a picture. Tap on the text or picture to hear an audio recording. Use the microphone to practice speaking and then listen to get immediate feedback. Track the progress of your students by using the integrated scoring and reporting system. Create and share cards with your friends and colleagues.
"SpeechCards is a must-have app for SLPs." ~ Carrie's Speech Corner
"A beautifully easy app to use to create pretty much any set of flashcards you might want." ~ SpeechBlogUK
"I have found a million ways to use it so far" ~ Speechie Apps
"I love adding my own words!" ~ Special Apps, Special Kids
"This is an easy, simple and user-friendly app, as well as child-friendly! " ~ Public School SLPs
"Great to use to create theme related decks (curriculum, holiday, concepts etc.)" ~ Let's Talk Speech and Language
"This app is a must have!" ~ Simply Speech
Speech Cards is a versatile app that can be used in many ways:
1. Communication Photo Book
- Increase receptive and expressive vocabulary skills.
2. Articulation Cards
- Practice sounds to increase articulation skills.
- Listen to your recorded voice with microphone for feedback.
3. First Words
4. Category Words
- For example, "animals", "food", "things that go"
5. Reading, Sight Words, Literacy
6. Social Stories
- Create your own stories with text, pictures and audio.
7. Encourage use of Spoken Language/Communication Skills.
8. Learn a Second Language.
*** FEATURES ***
* 4 Decks Included (Animals, Food, Initial P, CVC Words)
* 40 Cards Included (10 cards per deck)
* Create up to 32 Decks
* Create up to 20 cards in each deck
* Customizable Text, Photos and Audio
* Bing Image Search for Importing Photos
* Email Cards as PDF
* Share custom cards with other users of Speech Cards
* Supports unlimited number of students
* Track scores for each student
* Group sessions
* Email Student reports as PDF
* Screen Lock
* Microphone for student to Record and Listen to their own voice
* Automatically saves student’s voice recording to report
*** FREE DECKS ON WEB SITE ***
FIVE additional decks are available for FREE on the web site:
- First Words
- Where is puppy?
- I Like ...
*** Disclosure ***
At RWH Technology we are committed to the privacy and safety of our customers and their children. This app:
- Does not collect/share any user's personally identifiable information.
- Does not contain Social Network Integration or Links.
- Does not contain ads.
- Does not contain In-App-Purchases.
- Does not contain push notifications.
Updated for iOS 11.
Ratings and Reviews
I love adding my own words!
Update: Thanks for making this universal for the iPhone / iPod crowd!
Update: the new updates are wonderful! More card decks, and it easier to add/crop photos, super!
I love this- it is easy to add photos and I love the flexibility of using my own words instead of being limited to what is provided in other fixed sets of words- this has been especially important for multisyllabic words. I surfed the net and saved images of "our" words to My Photos, then as an activity my students "helped" me add them to the app while practicing naming by function, feature etc. - I just described each one, and they had to find a matching card from their pile of flashcards. - Now we have the same words they have been using, in a digital format- this is really useful for when I am visiting my preschool students off-site- less to pack with me, and no worries about the cards getting lost. I appreciate the previous rater's suggestion to allow repositioning of pictures added to the app. Other than that, I wouldn't change anything, and at $4.99, this is a great deal compared to other similar apps.
Good idea... Still has some bugs to work out
The idea is fantastic but adding pictures can be a pain unless they are just the right size. It doesn't let you move a picture around in the box to position it. The pictures and words are also pretty small compared to the amount of room on the screen. It would also be nice if there were some clipart options. I'd like to see improvement in those areas but otherwise it's not bad for the price.
Excited about this app
I am an Speech/Language Pathologist working with special needs preschoolers. This is a fantastic app. I already have a couple of decks set up and I have ideas for 5 more apps. Very simple to add pictures and record. Love that you can keep track of a students progress towards a deck. Looking forward to using it as a way to monitor students skill levels.
- RWH Technology, LLC
- 7.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Copyright 2012-2017, RWH Technology. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.