Speech Therapy for Apraxia - ENDINGS
By Blue Whale Apps Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** Introductory Price $4.99 This Week Only ***
This app is a convenient, effective tool for:
• children with childhood apraxia of speech/dyspraxia
• adults with apraxia
• anyone working with individuals with apraxia, either therapists or parents
• can also be used for traditional articulation practice
As with the original Speech Therapy for Apraxia app, this app presents phonemes in simple syllables. However, this time the syllables have the consonant sound at the end, allowing for practice of final consonant production.
This app is a fun way to practice basic speech sounds and motor planning. Because the emphasis is on the individual’s production, the parent or therapist should be an active participant, providing the user with feedback, reinforcement, and additional modeling. This app is not intended for independent use by the child/student.
Speech Therapy for Apraxia - ENDINGS is intended to be the next step in a progression after the two-syllable words of our previous app, Speech Therapy for Apraxia – 2 Syllable Words has been mastered.
** FEATURES **
• Choose from 6 different consonant groups (for a total of 15 consonant sounds) to target.
• Detailed instructions explain how to choose an appropriate sound group and practice level.
• Moves through a logical progression of 8 different levels for motor planning for speech.
• Illustration and audio provided for each syllable.
• Option to repeat levels, reset, or move to next level.
• Can also be used for straight articulation drill for particular types of phonemes.
• Advanced features to track progress of each user and send email (requires in app purchase)
Developed by the National Association for Child Development team, including a certified speech-language pathologist, this app practices articulation at the word level and is a logical follow-up to the original syllable-based app, Speech Therapy for Apraxia. This newer version provides choices of different patterns of articulation within words and moves through a progression of levels that challenge motor planning for speech. It begins at the production of single words with easier patterns of articulation and progresses through increasingly more difficult production sequences all the way to the production of sequences of random words.
What's New in Version 1.2.1
Fixed an issue where images/cards do not appear in exercises
- Category: Medical
- Updated: Oct 27, 2016
- Version: 1.2.1
- Size: 29.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Blue Whale Apps, Inc.
- © 2013 Blue Whale Apps
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Also Included In
Top In-App Purchases
- Progress Tracking$4.99