Speech Tutor Pro is the culmination of nearly a decade's worth of work designing apps for speech therapy. This app brings together the content from 5 of the most well-known apps in the industry and combines them in one easy to use app.
Content and features in this app are listed below.
Two Articulation Screeners
Speech Tutor Pro comes with two different, easy-to-use screeners. A "SLP Friendly" screener and a "Parent Friendly." These screeners reveal which sounds children should have acquired by particular ages
- Easily screen sounds at the beginning and end of words.
- SLPs can also tap a button that conveniently lists phonological processes heard during the screening.
- Write notes during the screening
- Screen for the major sounds targeted by speech-language pathologists
- Write notes during the screening
- Questions guide parents for identifying phonological processes
- 33 phoneme decks (Levels: Word, Phrase, Sentence; Positions: Initial, Medial, Final)
- 36 minimal pair decks
- Nearly 5000 different cards
-Use minimal pair decks and phoneme decks at the same time
-See multiple clients at a time
-"Kid Friendly" mode and "Clean" mode for older clients
- Detailed data tracking with line graphs, bar graphs, and word charts to send home for practice
- Record videos and save them to client profiles to view progress
- View articulation videos during sessions to help with placement
- Add/Remove decks during a session
sm, sn, st, sp, sk, sl, s, z, f, v, sh, th, ch, j, l, blends m, n, ing, p, b, t, d, k, g, r, er, or, ar, rl, ear, ire, Cluster Reduction (choose all, L, R, S), Deaffrication (Choose all, Ch, J), Deletion of Final Consonants (Choose all, ch/j, f/v/, k/g, p/b, s/z, t/d, m, n, ing, Final Devoicing, Fronting (choose all, sh, ch/j, velars), Gliding(choose all, L, R), Prevocalic Voicing, Stopping of Fricatives (choose all, ch/j, f/v, s/z, sh, th, Stridency Deletion
Articulation Videos (52 Videos in all)
- Front and side views
- Slow, medium, fast speeds, and pause
- Palate views
- Information on the ages sounds should be acquired
- Tips on how to elicit the sounds
- Camera view so clients can watch as they produce sounds
- Record/playback video and save to client profiles
Videos show the following sound productions:
R (bunched), R (retroflex), L, sh, ch, j, s, z, f, v, th (voiced), th (voiceless), p, b, t, d, k, g, m, n, ing, i , æ, a, u
Home screen change
Ratings and Reviews
Want to give a better rating but...
This app is great. It's a bunch of apps rolled into one. It helps clients with the placement of their articulators, it helps screen new clients to know what sounds they need to work on, and it also allows you to use it's own set of cards to work on sounds that clients need to improve. It even allows you to keep track of their progress as they go. The issue that I have is with the graph that is used by the app to track clients' progress. Dates are all mixed up and sometimes it is hard to figure out if the data should be read from the left or from the right. It's a great concept and it has a lot of potential to be an even better app. But right now, it needs some more work.
Across the lifespan functionality
This app has been so helpful for supporting articulation goals across my entire caseload of children and adults. The ability to alter the app appearance is also helpful for transitioning between younger and older kids and adults (TBI, HNC, etc). The videos of articulator movements during sound production are so clear and helpful! The support for the app is phenomenal. Corey is quick to respond and eager to resolve issues or answer questions.
Like it, but could be better
This app is currently incomplete. I love the concept, the visual examples of how to produce the sounds, the pictures and the targeted phonemes. However, it’s hard to manipulate between screens and I can’t have multiple students on at the same time. Also when you press the “game” icon, it says “coming soon”. If they haven’t developed it yet, why did they release it? This app has great potential, it’s just not there yet.
Developer Response ,
Hi there. Thank you for your feedback!Just to let you know you can see multiple clients in a session. After you have added names by selecting “add name“ you just need to select the names you want in a session and then tap “practice cards”. The names you selected will show at the top of the screen. You might want to visit our “tutorials“ section to see how to do this.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.