“Speech with Milo” apps were created by a licensed Speech-Language Pathologist, and have been downloaded over 100,000 times. "Speech with Milo: Prepositions" was created as a versatile and entertaining speech therapy tool for children. Milo is for speech therapists working with children, or parents who want to teach language skills to their children. The app offers an enjoyable tool used in therapy at a cheap price.
***** "This program has really helped me introduce prepositions in a way that the students seem to "get it" (Jo-Ed Speech Therapy)
***** "My kids love it. It's fun and entertaining that they don't even ask me to play a game so that they can take a break from work." (mco001)
***** "I like the Milo interface, and that he moves into the position" (Ann N)
See a demo here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iky3Vvieoj0
“Speech with Milo: Prepositions” is centered on the same adorable and energetic mouse that you were introduced to in “Speech with Milo: Verbs”. Milo demonstrates 23 location words such as “inside,” “above,” and “behind.” The animated Milo will quickly win your child over so you can work on basic location concepts. Flash cards are typically used for this type of exercise, but the animation that comes with Milo will keep any child focused and attentive. And most important- it is fun!
The app comes with one set of easy instructions for both Speech Therapists and Parents. The instructions provide you with the means to use the app in many different ways so that it can be used for toddlers and preschoolers, as well as children with language delays.
• Used in therapy for children with special needs, such as: Autism / Asperger Syndrome, Down Syndrome, developmental delays, cognitive delays, speech and language delays.
• Fun and affordable
• Milo, an animated mouse, keeps children interested and motivated to learn.
• Instructions for Speech Therapists and Parents (in English only)
• Preposition is spoken as the concept is demonstrated in order to reinforce with auditory input. There is an option to turn this feature off.
• Written verb is displayed at the bottom of the screen to reinforce reading skills. There is an option to turn this feature off.
• Phrase button allows child to listen to a sentence using the preposition in context.
• Milo takes a break every once in a while with some cheese and a dance. The child gets to feed Milo some cheese and watch him dance as a reward for his/her hard work.
• You may customize the prepositions that Milo demonstrates. On List of Words from the Home Page, you can do the following: random order, default order, or select your own custom set of prepositions to work on by touching the word(s) in list of words to activate/deactivate blue button.
• Background music can be turned off if it is too distracting for the child.
For support issues: www.speechwithmilo.com
Doonan Speech Therapy is a member of Moms with Apps, a collaborative group of family-friendly developers seeking to promote quality apps for kids and families.
Recommended Ages: 1-3,4-7, Parents
Categories: Special Needs, Vocabulary
If you choose to email us via feedback, then we promptly delete your address after your question has been answered.
App is now compatible with newer OS versions.
Ratings and Reviews
No Sound Keeps Crashing
This app crashes on the word between and after trying to get it to work I lost all sound. I give up! What a waste of money albeit very cheap so just moving on.
Ever since the update last year, this hasn’t worked.
My autistic son loves this app. He will be three and he is very fluent in running apps. He even decided to send feedback with nothing in the body and the developer was kind enough to send a reply letting us know what happened. The only reason why I did not rate this five stars is because I would love to see more prepositions and to have the app begin where it left off when the app is closed out and opened again. My son got bored with it starting at the beginning each time. He definitely has his favorites and he is even verbally using the prepositions provided in this app. I will be buying more Milo apps for him to play with.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.