Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Speech combines all the features of the speech synthesizer of OS X into a single, easy-to-use interface.
Many languages are available: choose among more than 80 voices !
Drag or paste text into Speech and start reading. You can change at any time the voice and the speech rate. Click on a word to playback from a specific point of the text.
Export the text into an audio file, share or listen on an digital audio player.
• 80 high quality new voices and over 40 languages (10.7 or later is required).
• Save time, listening a text is faster than reading.
• Efficient to learn and be sure of the pronunciation.
** Some Tips **
• Get new voices from the "Speech" item of "System Preferences"
• Keyboard shortcuts :
cmd+s : Speak
cmd+e : Edit
cmd+r : Restart
* Speech is also compatible with OS X Snow Leopard (10.6) to read texts in English (with High quality American Male Voice : Alex). Fifteen effects are also available.
What's New in Version 1.4.4
• Bug fixes
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jan 29, 2014
- Version: 1.4.4
- Size: 2.0 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian
- Seller: HUGUENOT Seraphin
- © 2014 Séraphin Huguenot
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.6 or later, 64-bit processor