Speeches — Cue Cards for Public Speaking
By The Mental Faculty
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Speeches is an App for preparing and delivering speeches and pitches. Prepare speaker's notes and deliver a great speech — perfectly timed — no matter what the occasion.
Be it a wedding speech, sermon, business presentation, or evening at the debating club, navigating your notes is that much easier with Speeches as your portable teleprompter.
Prepare your notes directly in Speeches on your iPhone or iPad, or import a text file from Mail or another App (e.g. Dropbox, iCloud Drive). You can also email your speech to solicit feedback from friends and colleagues, and your speeches sync between devices with iCloud.
Speeches helps with your preparation. Organize notes, set a speech duration, and practice to make sure you can finish on time. Having difficulty with a particular section? Jump to any note and continue from there.
Your speech is prepared, and it's time to deliver. Speeches presents your notes as easy to navigate cue cards. No more juggling of paper notes, or fiddly scrolling in an App not designed for the pressure of public speaking. Just swipe back and forth. Simple gestures keep you focussed on speaking, and not on negotiating your notes.
Speeches goes well beyond paper notes when it comes to keeping track of your time. The onscreen timing meter shows at a glance exactly how far along you are. A second bar shows your progress through the notes. By comparing the two, you can see if you are going too fast or too slow.
In short, Speeches is the App you need to write, practice and deliver your next speech with precision and confidence.
F E A T U R E S
– Universal app optimized for both iPhone and iPad
– Keep speeches in sync between your devices with iCloud
– Prepare speaker's notes on your iOS devices
– Swipe through cue cards to practice your speech
– Unique timing meter shows time and progress through notes
– Set speech duration down to the second
– Import text files from Mail, iCloud and Dropbox
– Split any note in two while editing
– Mail your speeches to others
– Customize font and font size of notes
– Set speech category
What's New in Version 2.0
The Mental Faculty has acquired the Speeches app. We have been working hard on version 2.0, and it is completely free for existing customers.
– Clean modern interface
– iCloud sync between your devices
– Split screen mode on iPad
– Import easily from Dropbox, iCloud Drive, and other apps
– Add new notes directly in the note editor
– Improved performance on the latest devices
2.0 a great improvement!!!
The only feature I really wanted that isn't there now was a sync with Dropbox. (The developer uses iCloud sync but that keeps me from being able to work on Windows)
Probably 4.5 stars but I'll round up.
Below were my original concerns
* Doesn't support landscape
* Needs a feature to choose the largest font so your card will fit on screen
* painful to edit on device
* would be nice if it had Dropbox support with syncing. (Instead of just import)
* timer works well for pacing
Dropbox Import Problem
Over the past 4 years, I have relied on this great app on a daily basis. I recently purchased a new iPad and was excited about the prospect of importing my old speeches via DropBox. Alas, the app crashes repeatedly and consistently during the import process.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Apr 21, 2017
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 18.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: The Mental Faculty
- © 2017 The Mental Faculty B.V.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.