Welcome to Speechify: #1 Best Text to Speech experience.
Crush articles, documents, and textbooks by turning them into audio. Using Artificial Intelligence, Speechify generates near human quality voices to help you speed-read your books while retaining information better than ever before.
Our mission is to empower people through audio.
How to Speechify:
• TAKE A PICTURE of your textbook or any physical text and Speechify will read it to you like an audiobook.
• IMPORT ARTICLES from Safari, Facebook, and Twitter to Speechify and it will read them to you like a Podcast.
• UPLOAD A PDF to Speechify and it will parse and read that out to you as well.
• COPY AND PASTE any text into Speechify and listen to it on the go.
Listen while driving, cooking dinner, cleaning your room, or working out.
SAVE TIME: Know exactly how long something is going to take to read. The average reading speed is 200 words per minute. Most of our users listen at 350 words per minute, but you can read at up to 800 wpm.
TAKE CONTROL: Choose exact location of playback, play and pause from the lock screen, save your position in the text, and listen to your homework like a podcast.
RETAIN MORE: Academic research shows that listening and reading at the same time results in significantly higher levels of comprehension and retention. Speechify allows you to read text and listen to it at the same time.
Get the Speechify Mac App at https://getspeechify.com/
Get the Speechify Chrome Extension at https://getspeechify.com/chrome/
SPEECHIFY PRO SUBSCRIPTION
Speechify Pro is a monthly subscription. Your subscription is charged at confirmation of purchase and automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your iTunes will automatically be charged at the same price for renewal, as stated above, within 24-hours prior to the end of the current billing period. You can manage your subscription and/or turn off auto-renewal by visiting your iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
Terms of Service: https://getspeechify.com/terms-and-conditions/
Hey Speechify users,
We are happy that all of you are part of our family.This update solves some critical issues and makes improvements on how your scanning and listening work.
This chapter introduces Siri shortcuts so you can play Speechify faster using only your voice.
All the best,
The Speechify team
Ratings and Reviews
Last few updates were excellent. The vastly improve the stability of the program. It no longer crashes the way it used to. I am now much more likely to use it since I know it will actually work.
There is still some stuff that I wish would happen. First, I still wish we could choose from that are for iOS voices, but the voices on Speechify are pretty good.
Second, the app still sometimes has trouble tracking the highlighting in the words. One suggestion about highlighting that I have is to not have the screen continually move, but rather have the highlights move and then when they get to the bottom allowing screen to refresh to the top of the page. Having the Chi like constantly move makes it harder for me to focus on what I am reading.
Third, I may have missed it but I don’t know how to change my phone settings or how far I am zoomed in, which I would very much like.
Lastly, this is more of a personal thing, but I would really like to have compatibility with Workflow or ifttt, so I can do things like mass import from Pocket or automatically update from Pocket because they’re text formatting is always going to be the best.
Thanks for a fantastic update I really really appreciate it. This is by far the best iteration so far
Best natural voice
This has the best natural voice of the text to speech apps I’ve tried. However, there are a few things that are keeping me from giving it 5 stars...
1. There’s no landscape mode. I solely need a text to speech app for the novel I’m writing to help me catch mistakes and makes sure the text flows. I have an iPad Pro with a apple keyboard, which means I can only have my iPad set up in landscape. Since I switch back and forth between my novel and this app to make changes as needed, it’s not ideal to see the words sideways on this app.
2. The other Text to Speech app I have lets you do split screen. This means I can have my novel and the app side by side for quick reference and and making instant changes. This app doesn’t have split screen. Although it does allow the other app to float, it’s much too small for me to work on my novel.
This app is actually very useful but i have some issues with it
Firstly the app reads around 7-6 1/2 minutes of what you’ve picked or scanned essentially making the rest of the pictures you took useless and you’ll have to go around 5 pages at a time(yours may vary)
Secondly the inability to pick a default language doesnt help because if i have to read an article in Spanish for college (which is what i tend to use it for) its always gonna translate it to english and there is no way to change it or at least none that i have found
Lastly dont try to upload pictures from your phone because when you do the first one will be the first you see but everything will be out of order and you wont be able to use it
- Speechify Inc.
- 87.2 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Speechify Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Speechify Pro $7.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.