By Plum Amazing Software LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Works great on iOS 8! *Praised by CNN" Create, Practice, Hear, Archive and Give Speeches - Speechmaker is software to make your iPhone or iPad into a mobile podium, notebook, archive of speeches and professional teleprompter for public speaking.
In addition to speeches use SpeechMaker to hold, edit and read poems, lyrics, scripts, comedy, lectures, sermons, startup pitches and plays.
SpeechMaker is very popular with students, teachers, politicians, directors, poets, lecturers, ministers, authors, playwrights, speechwriters, scriptwriters, toastmasters, comedians, singers and actors.
Now practice and hear how you sound before delivering that important speech. Get a feeling for the cadence and the flow of your speech, poem, lecture, etc.
It can archive thousands of speeches with additional info like title, author, date and audio recordings. SpeechMaker comes with a number of famous speeches built in.
- Archive the best speeches in history. Learn from the masters.
- Create your speech or import it as text, RTF or PDF using Dropbox or Google Docs.
- Convert the text to be spoken out loud using Siri in 36 different languages. Get a quick taste of how your speech sounds.
- Rehearse your speech and record the audio. Listen to the recording as feedback to improve your speech, timing and performance.
- Practice delivering your lines flawlessly, use a mirror and SpeechMaker.
- Give your speech using the easily adjustable autoscroll. Clearly see the speech scrolling in your choice of font, size and background color. See the time, elapsed time and time to go for the speech all at a glance.
- Archive your speech as text and audio to help you continue improving. Archive for historical purposes.
- Share you speech with friends, colleagues and Facebook.
See the video review at The Daily App Show:
SpeechMaker is more powerful then expensive teleprompters.
- Buy once to run on both iPhone and iPad.
- Beautiful UI and flat graphics for iOS 7
- Import text, rtf, and pdf via DropBox, Google Drive, and Copy and Paste and iTunes file sharing
- Export speech text via Email
- Import and export audio via Dropbox
- Audio recording allows you to get feedback as you practice your speech
- Like a teleprompter autoscroll your speech at the just the right speed
- Hear the iPad/iPhone speak out loud the speech as it scrolls and highlights each line
- Select from one of 36 different languages and Siri voices
- With the flip of a button see verbs, nouns, adjectives and other parts of speech highlighted in different colors
- Control the look of a document by changing, background color, fonts, scroll speed, font size
- Buttons and gestures to start, stop and control scroll speed
- Touch gestures:
+ pinch or zoom to change font size
+ grab and move instantly to any part of a speech
+ tap the right side to speed scrolling. tap the left side to slow scrolling
- At a glance timing for a speech shows, elapsed, remaining, estimated time
- Display your iPhone or iPad on a larger Mac using X-Mirage
- Display on AppleTV connected HD monitors for TV stations, studios, auditoriums, podcasters, lecture halls and plays.
Read, correct, give, play and record speeches anytime and anywhere. No need to rely on notes on napkins or index cards.
Keep your speeches with you at all time, secure and available to use at any moment. Easily change and give speeches at the last minute.
"Carrying all my speeches in one convenient and easy to use device saves my sanity. SpeechMaker is easy for me to use and I love how I can control all aspects of how it looks on screen. Before I asked my wife how the speech sounds, now I record the speech until I have it just right then I ask my wife what she thinks. SpeechMaker is the best thing to happen to this ancient art in a hundred years."
What's New in Version 2.5
- massive changes.
- now works on iPhone as well as iPad
- uses Apples latest text to speech for all voices and 36 languages.
- more control of speech synthesis.
- updated to beautiful flat ios7 graphics on both iPhone and iPad.
- compiled with the latest x-code.
- many fixes.
- google and dropbox connection, import/export updated.
- rtf and pdf formats now supported.
- now supports landscape and portrait orientations.
- manual updated.
- thanks to all users. please keep the suggestions coming.
What a joy!
Check out my 2010 review — in short I loved it. Speechmaker has had maybe three updates since then but has worked with every iPad and iOS since then. I have read short essays and poetry etc. to a live audience 4 or more times without a hitch.
I was devastated to find my glee for a new update turning to horror as it now would not even load. I have an iPad Air. It will load onto my iPhone 5S but that is not something I would want to use. I rebooted my iPad (no success) and will try deleting and reload. I will amend my review if I have any success.
Success! I deleted the app directly from my iPad and wondered at the cloud icon that remained. Nevertheless, I reloaded it from the cloud and it opens without hesitation. This is the biggest update I’ve seen adding support for more file types and control gestures for font size. I always keep my content in duplicate in a folder on my iMac and would advise the precaution for all apps. Perhaps Dewey7777 can restore his device from his last sync and save the content before re-installing. Good luck!
Simply doesn’t work and tech support not answering
I love supporting app developers in the app store, but I expect to get what you say I am getting. And if I screw up, then tell me so, but that would mean you have to answer the tech/support email that I wrote. But wait, was going to ask you yet one more time before leaving this review, but your webpage says not to leave more than one email about a problem. Its doesn’t work as advertised, period. Can’t import from Dropbox because “error authorizing app: Only a limited set of users can receive access tokens while this app is in development mode.” and pdf imports from google just simply fail to render on the screen properly if at all. Fail. Sorry guys, but the only thing plumamazing about this app is that you got it reviewed in blogs that I regularly read, and NOW those bloggers are ALSO on notice. Thank God I only lost three bucks . . . and 15 hours of time.
CRASHES BAD LOST ALL CONTENT
This app has AMAZING potential. The update crashed every time I opened it, I had to delete and re download the app so it could at least open. And the drop box link didn't work on the last version and crashes on this one to..... Please fix it ASAP. There is not to many apps like this and I have tried the great majority of them and this is the closest of what I need..... I just can't have it crash when I'm trying to give a speech.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jun 03, 2014
- Version: 2.5
- Size: 39.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Plum Amazing Software LLC
- © Plum Amazing LLC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.