Real-time over-speeding alerts on your iPhone.
Speed-o-Safe alerts you with sound and vibration when you are driving over the road's speed limit for more than 10 seconds.
This is the first ever app to use individual* road speed limits. Unlike many other apps, Speed-o-Safe actually works. Be safe on the road with you and your family and avoid speeding tickets!!
This app is optimized for the following countries:
It does work in other countries too, but experience is not optimized.
* Please note that we use country-wise standard road speed limits wherever individual road speed limit data is not available.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- This IMPORTANT update fixes an issue which caused the app to become non-responsive in the background for some users.
- Now there is an 'Activate' button in the app so you can disable alerts when you don't want them.
- Over-speeding alert is now spoken audio for easy differentiation from other iPhone alerts.
- Other bug fixes and enhancements.
Ratings and Reviews
Doesn't work as advertised
Downloaded the app and drove 10 miles with one correct speed-limit notification. The App showed 55mph as the limit as a default, it seems. I went through 45, 35, and 25 zones and no real change. Once, I sopped the App and restarted it and it then loaded the correct data but didn’t keep up as I traveled. It showed me the actual road I was traveling on but it was not displaying the correct limits. Not worth much if it doesn’t do that - a waste of my money I suppose.
Good Start but needs Improvement
First the good points. It does a good job as a speedometer and on the interstate & intrastate roads we tried it on it seemed to accurately show the correct speed limit.
Where it needs improvement for a better (5🌟) rating I think the app needs some user control settings.
1) ability to mute over speed limit warning.
2) ability to set speed parameters before warning sounds. e.g., "warn if speed exceeds 10miles over the posted speed limit".
3) automatic app dimming at night (based on local time). It should help lessen the brightness of the app display at night.
Especially helpful for long car drives
- Tech Positive Inc.
- 12.3 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Tech Positive
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.