Speedometer 55 Start. GPS Box.
By Stanislav Dvoychenko
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
A high quality Speedometer app with the same sophisticated brain inside as our paid version. When you go over a preset speed limit, the large digits change colour from green to red and the device emits a loud sound to alert you! Great for avoiding speeding tickets!
‣ Easy to set and configurable speed limits
Set speed limits with 4 fast and configurable presets. Presets only need a single tap and are the safest way to set the limits!
‣ S.O.S. Flat tyre or worse?
Our speedometer shows your current location and you can share it easily (sms/text, email) with car assistance services, ambulance or friends.
‣ Know your car's limits !
Does your car become sluggish on those steep climbs? Is it possible you got too high in mountains ? Our built-in altimeter will provide you with accurate readings that indicate your height over sea-level.
‣ In a dispute for speeding?
GPS Black box gives you point by point time, speed, location and altitude data for the last 20 minutes of your travel. You can email its data as an excel or csv file. Or you can surely switch it off or reset at any moment.
‣ Need to know where you are?
Integrated map shows your location and a tracking "tail" behind you.
∙∙ UNIVERSAL APP. Speedometer for iPhone and 3G-iPads. Retina graphics included.
∙∙ 000-999 SPEED AND LIMIT RANGE. MPH, KMH AND KNOTS. Maximum, average speed, distance traveled.
! You can use this app on your iPhone 3GS, 4, or 4S as well as on any iPad with 3G. **App will not work properly on iPods and wifi only iPads as they don't have GPS chip (External GPS module is required).
! Please note that as with all GPS apps, continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Drive safely and avoid paying those speeding fines! Our speedometer is the ideal watchdog companion no matter what journey you are going on!
Full version of the speedometer gives you ability to work in background, GPS tracking, waypoints, trip cost computer, professional taximeter, 30+ customization options and more. Be sure to check it out in the AppStore!
* A bit of instructions: If speedometer doesn't show you the speed, just be sure to be under the open sky to have GPS signal. Under the open sky, within 5-10 seconds GPS indicator will become green and speedometer will start showing the speed.
** If you wonder why gps speedometer may show 3-5 mph (3-8 kmh) less than a car's speedometer, you can take a look here: http://goo.gl/wtLvT (tomtom's discussion thread).
*** And here is an amazing article http://goo.gl/p5zfMi explaining why GPS might show you 80ft (or -80!) altitude when you are laying on the beach. Don't throw the app or iPhone away just because of that! :) Let us use the article's last sentence here: "Those who use GPS altitude to aid in landing their small plane should have their insurance policies paid up at all times".
What's New in Version 1.8.1
Polished for iOS 11. Don't miss features from version 1.8:
● Visual proof of your speed with a new 'visualize and explore' black box screen. Save your black box for later review.
● Optional automatic night mode for a map.
+ App name changed to Speedometer 55 Start. 55 because everyone says "speedometer 55" to this app :).
-- Full version only --
● Track explorer with charts and map to focus on any time range or point.
● 'Idle timer and alert' mode.
● 'Water sports boat' mode. Screen flash, time and countdown to sunset.
● GPX import/export for waypoints, tracks, routes. Import Rmaps, mbtiles, sqlitedb maps (MOBAC, TileMill).
+ And a whole lot more!
We would be honored if you find a minute to support the app with your kind review or rating!
Does what it says +more I like this app
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Sep 15, 2017
- Version: 1.8.1
- Size: 38.3 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Stanislav Dvoychenko
- © @blocoware
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.