SpeedUp Player Pro
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Listen to your iPod collections at 0.5X - 2.5X speed. Supports multitasking, remote controller. Study mode(A/B repeat, quick rewind/forward), sleep timer.
* Save time listening to podcasts and audiobooks. Play at any speed!
* Study mode helps you learn more effectively.
* Sleep timer can save your battery while you sleep.
SpeedUp Player features:
- Variable speed playback: 0.5X(half speed) - 2.5X (0.1X interval)
- Preserve pitch(tone) while changing playback speed.
- Play directly from your iPod collection. No conversion required. (supports music/podcasts/audiobooks)
- Full iOS4 multitasking support.
- Remote controller support.
- Sleep timer (pause after 10/20/30/60/120 minutes)
- A/B repeat : repeat interval using simple button press
a. set A
b. set B : repeat A-B
c. cancel repeat
- Configurable quick rewind/forward buttons. 4 buttons can be set individually.
- Extremely fast iPod library browsing (disk+memory based cache)
- Browse by album/artist/songs/playlists/podcasts
- Simple playlist
- Pause/resume on phone call(audio interruption).
- Pause when headphone is unplugged.
- Music tracks can be set to be played at 1X.
- video tracks are not supported.
- does not support DRM protected files.
What's New in Version 2.1.0
iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 plus resolution support.
Superb!! Works great for Audiobooks
The switch to SpeedUp from another app called GoodReader has been really great so far. SpeedUp works very well, has a nice looking interface and a LOT of useful settings and gestures to customize. It is a very powerful app overall. After looking around at other apps dedicated to audiobook playback and trying their lite versions, this paid version of SpeedUp seems to be the clear winner to me. It is very easy to use, looks great, and works great. Glad I paid for the pro version. Loving it.
Also, be sure to choose the "mid quality" speed setting instead of high quality. It will sound much better when you increase audio playback speed.
Backstory: I had been using GoodReader for audiobook playback for YEARS, which isn't ideal b/c it often loses its playback position after coming back to a book, and there also isn't support in GoodReader for playing back audio at different speeds, etc. All of that is totally acceptable b/c that app is designed primarily to be a (very, very good!) WiFi capable file manager. It was never designed to reign supreme in audiobook playback.
1) No reason at all this is still only an iPhone app when too many people would be interested in this app on an iPad. Most people with one will not be using an iPhone filter on their iPad.
2) As a user, I should not have to change the speed BACK to the settings I want to play at, OVER and OVER again. There needs to be an option to remember this setting, as there is in your competitors app, "Swift player"
3) The poor quality icon for your app, may cause your marketing to suffer. Ijs. People do judge a book by the cover.
I liked the app until I saw it was not speed playing all my books at the speed I wanted. It keep reverting back so I use Swift because it allows you to save the speed of playback, and I have lots of lecture I have to learn but too little time to be running back after every chapter to change it back. That is so annoying!!
When I first a started learning covers it was back in the days of vinyl and the cassettes. An excruciating process. This app makes the modern day process easier by an order of magnitude. For me it is indispensable both for learning lyrics as well as chords.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Oct 09, 2014
- Version: 2.1.0
- Size: 12.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Chun-Koo Park
- © mix1009.com
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.