Spell Blocks with Sight Words
By 2BPM Software
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"Spelling Blocks is a fun game that helps children learn how to spell the sight words, not just memorize them. It’s been a hit at our house!" www.theiphonemom.com
Join more than 30,000 happy customers!
"The most fun educational app for children!"
MADE WITH LITTLE FINGERS IN MIND!
This is Much More than a flash card app.
Your child will learn over 200 Dolch Sight Words by spelling each one after it is spoken to them.
Spell Blocks says the word and offers the scrambled letter choices for them to choose from. Your child then touches and moves each letter to the correct place.
Kid Tested! Kids love "playing" this app. They don't even realize how much they are learning.
Many features and options including:
- Word Flagging (Flag the words your child already knows).
- Word Proficiency scale (Shows how well your child knows each word, NICE FEATURE!).
- Five different word levels (pre-primer, primer, first grade, second grade, and third grade).
- Add extra letters to make it a little harder.
- Automatically proceed to the next word.
- Repeat the current word.
- Differentiates between words, colors, and numbers.
- Sound Effects volume and on/off switches.
- Turn flagging on or off.
- View all word lists and proficiency levels separately!
- Great help menu.
- Clearly spoken words and letters.
- Positive reinforcement learning, Spell Blocks simply moves a wrongly placed letter back to the list.
- Scores your child's current session.
And Many More!
An interactive app for children learning to read. Touch and move letter blocks to spell Sight Words after they are narrated to you.
Requires OS 3.0 and above.
Made for iPhone and iPad!!
What's New in Version 2.2
- User Interface fix: Volume controls on Settings screen will now stay in last set position.
- Added Upper Case "I".
- Other performance enhancements.
- Smaller Application Install size.
I bought this app with the hopes of using it both at school with my reading students and at home with my grandchildren. Unfortunately, I have had nothing but problems with it. The app will quit unexpectedly, sometimes the narrator will say the word that is to be spelled and sometimes not, at one point when the narrator said to spell the word "red" and I began to move the letter r into place, a new word appeared. Too many weird problems to mess with this app. Very glad it only set me back $2.16 with tax as I would have been extremely unhappy to have paid more for something this defective. I just got my iPad so it's brand new- the problem is not with the iPad, I don't believe. And iTunes will check for updates every time I sinc my iPad so there are no fixes to the problem that I can see. I was so excited about this app but now am looking for something else.
Don't Buy This App!
Made the mistake of telling my little girl that we would buy this app before I read the reviews....she got excited so I felt I should cross my fingers and hope for the best when I bought it, despite the nearly universal bad ratings. Finger crossing didn't work, after about 15 words it locked up, same as everybody else.
Clicking on the Support link goes to a dead end, this should be a sign for anyone else that you are almost certain to lose your money. Guess it will be a teaching moment for my kid on how to buy (or not buy) online the future.
Should have listened
I purchased this app for a particular student in the hopes things had been fixed. They haven't! The game crashed several times. I had to start over. There also needs to be a way to save your progress so a student can make it through all of the words. Please fix for my student. I will rate it higher and spread the word if you do!
- Category: Education
- Updated: May 04, 2011
- Version: 2.2
- Size: 7.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Salvatore Parisi
- © 2BPM Software
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.