-- Spell Grid --
Swipe over the letters in the grid to spell as many words as you can!
Discover 3, 4, 5, 6 & 7-letter words.
3 game modes:
-- Spell Grid - 3 x 3 grid --
Try to find all the valid words in the grid.
Need help? Use Clues to discover longer words.
Score 25 points in each grid to unlock the Hint Letters.
The Hint Letters will help you to complete the grid for a 50 points bonus.
-- Spell & Fill - 5 x 5 grid --
Find as many words as you can before you get stuck.
Once you spell a word, the used letters will disappear and new ones will fill the grid.
Beat your high score and compete on the GameCenter leaderboard.
-- Grid Factory - 3 x 3 grid --
Create and play your own grids.
+ Dictionary : tap any word for definition
+ Universal app
+ GameCenter: compete on 4 leaderboards and try to earn 8 achievements
+ iCloud Sync: sync your game progress across multiple devices
Are you left-handed? Playing on iPad? You can flip the game screen for a better experience.
+ Solves an issue with the Hint Letters not showing on devices running iOS 7
What's New on version 1.6:
+ Tap any word for definition inside the game
+ Auto-Save : the game in progress is saved automatically when you close the app
+ Dictionary improvements
+ Optimized for iPad Pro
Ratings and Reviews
good game, bad choice of words
1. Good implementation: advance notice of how many total words; word-list is sectioned by letter-count; word-list is alphabetized within sections, good colors, easy-to-read big letters, clue-letters unlocked as reward for effort.
2. Bad choices for what is considered a 'valid' word: HUNDREDS of errors -- missing valid words, words claimed as valid that aren't, use of abbreviations, use of coarse words that are NOT suitable for an all-ages game, use of first-syllable short-forms (e.g., "dif" for 'difference').
3. Quite robust, but I crashed the app (frozen forever) in the situation that the number needed to unlock clues (17) was same as 'Grid Completed' (17).
4. No response when i sent email to Support.
Good Game...Obscure Words
I like the gameplay but some of the words are so obscure (i.e. out of date, medical, foreign, etc) that it can seem a bit contrived (as far as word games go). Occasionally I'll find legitimate words (in the three-to-seven characters range) hidden in the grids that are not "in the list" of answers and so those words get rejected.
It's definitely not a perfect word game but it has potential with a few updates. The gameplay itself is great and I love the GUI and the game's overall vibe and ethos. Hopefully the underlying choice of words will be addressed to make the game more meaningful.
Fun and Challenging
This game definitely keeps you thinking. What I like most about this game is the lack of timer. It's nice to finally play a Boggle-like game without having to work up stress because you're afraid that time will run out before you're done. I would like to know how to improve my scores but not knowing won't change my rating.
Also it would be nice to have themes or bonus words.
Now maybe I'm just an illiterate person, but more than half of the words are words I don't even know.
- Fresh Logo SRL
- 22.7 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2013 FreshLogo
- In-App Purchases
- Pack 3 clues/grid $0.99
- Pack 10 clues/grid $1.99
- Pack All Words $4.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.