By Tunabelly Software Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Translate hard to speak numbers and letters to full words.
Stop having to do that with Spelling Alphabet. Quickly have any combination of letters and numbers translated to the NATO spelling alphabet. For example, "TUNA" becomes "Tango Uniform November Alpha".
• Easily translate numbers and words.
• One click to copy the translation to the clipboard or have it spoken aloud.
• View the entire spelling alphabet in a convenient separate window.
• Customize some of the words for region specific preferences.
• Add more features, such as running in status icon only mode, launch on login and more with an In-App Purchase.
We offer quick and easy support. If you have any issues, please email us and we will usually get back to you within one business day or sooner.
What's New in Version 2.0
- Upgrade with the new In-App Purchase Extra Features pack and get the ability to have Spelling Alphabet always running in the background with a convenient status icon in the menu bar.
- As a bonus, get the ability to highlight text in any app and have it translated by pressing Cmd-Shift-E (or go through the Services menu).
- New Icon!
NOTE: This upgrade requires 10.7 or higher.
Genuinely Useful, but Speech & Pronunciation Flawed
Great for people who only occasionally use the NATO phonetic alphabet. Useful for communicating serial numbers, model numbers, and other information required by technical support for products and services, just to cite one use.
The speech-synthesized voice has little value. It speaks far too slowly. The pronunciation is not correct. For example, in th NATO alphabet, “Lima” is pronounced “LEE-MAH.” This application pronounces it “LIE-MAH.” “Oscar” should be pronounced “OSS-CAH.” This program pronounces it “AW-SKER.” Instead of pronouncing “Victor” as “VIK-TAH,” per the NATO pronunciation, it pronounces it “VIK-TOR.” There are other examples, but suffice it to say that it’s just wrong and misleading.
Small, fast and exactly what you need when upgrading your flights or asking for status
Great little app, nothing to crazy, but super helpful if you have to work thru automated systems. Get info over the phone on case files and other things.
as a ham radio operator, this app is amazingly simple and it’s a fun way to remember all the letterings phonetically.
great application and it’s even fun to stump your friends who may or may not be as knowledgeable about the code as you are. peace and blessings in jesus name.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Feb 11, 2013
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 0.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Tunabelly Software Inc.
- © 2013, Tunabelly Software
Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor
Top In-App Purchases
- Background + Hotkey$0.99