An addictive brain game and word puzzle about common spelling words children in grades 1-5 should know. Move letters around the screen to solve thousands of problems. It's deceptively easy-looking but surprisingly challenging!
There are five Free Sample Games, one for each of the following in-app purchase products:
• Spelling Grade 1 - Words for First Graders
• Spelling Grade 2 - Words for Second Graders
• Spelling Grade 3 - Words for Third Graders
• Spelling Grade 4 - Words for Fourth Graders
• Spelling Grade 5 - Words for Fifth Graders
Sample games have ten words each. Use in-app billing to buy the complete set of games for each product. Each complete product has 360-720 words (the higher the grade the more the words) and thousands of problems at three levels of game difficulty.
5 TYPES OF ACTIVITIES:
• Find It: Identify neighboring letters to solve a problem
• Tear It Down: Remove letters to find the solution
• Build It Up: Drag letters up from the “pile“ to solve the problem
• Up and Down: Drag letters between the top and the pile to find the answer
• Mix It Up: Rearrange the letters
√ Sound effects
√ Progress report
√ Best time
Fixed bug with bottom bar appearing
Ratings and Reviews
This is not a very good educational app.
I bought this app for my first grade son. I teach first grade, and I was very disappointed in this app. It is an awful educational tool to teach spelling!! Unscrambling words and spelling use two different areas of the brain and are two completely different skill sets. I wish I could get a refund!
Crashing - How to get money back
Crashing, how do I get my money back?
A Great Approach to Spelling
I bought the Grade 1 product and I was amazed at how much content there was: 10 words in each of 36 games. More than enough for every week of the school year. The content was just right for a First Grader. My child’s favorite game was Tear It Down. There is just one row of letters. All the correct letters are in the row and they are in the correct order. But there are letters in front of, behind, and in the middle of the correct word. All the activities were enjoyable, but challenging, too. I loved the different difficulty levels. My daughter started at the easy level, but it prevented her from making mistakes. But she would come back and play the same game at the Medium level when she wanted a little more challenge.
- Maestro Learning
- 35.5 MB
- Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2012 Maestro Learning, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Spelling Grade 1 $4.99
- Spelling Grade 2 $4.99
- Spelling Grade 3 $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.