Practice your spelling by rolling a ball through a traditional 3D wooden labyrinth and capturing letters in the correct order to spell a word. Spin Spell is a physics based 3D mobile game that motivates children to learn to spell while having fun and improving their hand/eye coordination.
Choose from a variety of pre-loaded spelling lists or add your own. Points and achievements are awarded based on the sequential collection of letters to correctly spell a word, the speed by which the letters are collected and the number of correct letters collected in a streak. Points are never subtracted from the score but bonus streaks are reset when an incorrect letter is hit and/or when the game timer expires.
• 25 pre-made levels
• 30 pre-made spelling lists
• Spelling list editor
• Level editor
• 3D physics fun
• Adjustable roll speed for ball
Spelling List Editor: Create, save, and play your own spelling lists. Use your child’s spelling lists from school and make studying fun!
Level Editor: Edit existing levels or create your own mazes with our built-in level editor. If a maze is too difficult or if it is not challenging enough, change it in our level editor. Be creative and make artistic levels to enhance gameplay.
- iPhone X Support
- Minor bug fixes and optimizations
- GDPR compliance updates
Ratings and Reviews
Would Be Perfect if....
I would give this five stars if I were able to customize my own language within the app. This game is based on the English alphabet system. I am currently learning languages which have their own sounds for most letters. It would be a fine, fun learning tool to write these words with their appropriate sounds and play the game with all its numerous game levels and mazes. Be that as it may, I wish this app had been available when my kids were young. At that time they had 'speak n spell' but Spin Spell would have had them begging to play! I realize the app was targeted for young learners, but when learning other languages that is just what you are in the beginning...a beginner...new to the language. That is why I thought I'd try Spin Spell since a good portion of the words in my targeted language can be very long...upwards of thirteen letters...so correct spelling is a challenge. Take for instance the number nine...this is [nkotimeneehki]. The word for a certain bird has fifteen letters! So, you get an idea as to how creative one needs to be in order obtain proficiency in spelling for other languages! Anyway, this is a fine app and as I said, great for keeping kids engaged while learning to spell!
Fun AND educational?
One of the few games out there that do a good job of combining fun and education. I look forward to other games from these guys.
Educational and fun. A perfect mix!
Very well done! Great feature being able to add my own word list.
- Vermont Digital Arts LLC
- 101.1 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Vermont Digital Arts LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.