Spirit for iPad
By Marco Mazzoli
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Take control of Spirit in an intense retro inspired arcade experience, reinvented for iPhone and iPod Touch.
Guide Spirit against many different enemy types, and distort space to force them into another dimension.
Features a fluid, easy to play yet hard to master control system. Relative movement allows you to keep your finger out of the way of the action.
Combine links and combos to build up huge scores. Fight your way through increasingly challenging waves, uniquely generated for each game.
- "Spirit is a paradigm example of independent game development for the iPhone" - 'Must Have', No DPad
- "If you're looking for a challenging new arcade experience, this one's easy to recommend" - Touch Arcade
- "Spirit is a budget gem you don’t want to miss" - TouchGen
- "One of the best arcade-style apps on the App Store right now" - GameZebo
- "The experience is incredibly fluid and seamless. It just feels right, and no amount of screen-shots can do it justice" - themacfeed.com
- "Hypnotic, compelling stuff" - The Sunday Times
- "Slick control scheme meets fantastic visual effects and sound design; this is the complete arcade package" - Games Uncovered
What's New in Version 2.4
- Added "Rate Spirit" button inside options menu
- Bug fixes
Fantastic game with endless possibilities and gameplay! This game will stay on my short "Must Have/Play" list! One minor addition would be to have a "level column" on the High Score screen so that you also know the highest level you achieved for each score (I.e. 8-2). The game is so fast, fun and frantic by the time it was over, that I forget to see what level I was on.
Update: PLEASE update this game so we can keep playing it after IOS 11 is released!!!
One of my go-to games
It's a simple arcade game. Replay-ability is fantastic, but it does get boring if played for far too long. Because it is simple to play, it gets repetitive. But really, I wouldn't change anything about it. I have owned this game ever since I got my iPad 2 and that was probably back in 2011 or so. I was originally looking for a similar game, but had shooting stuff, And I just couldn't remember the name, so I bought this. I didn't have buyer's remorse. It's a good game to pass the time. Or a game I would play before I let myself doze off.
I'm not normally fan of games, but this simple little game has been in my keeper folder for a couple years. It doesn't get old. No in app or other bull, worth the price.
There is an odd bug that turns off the sx sound sometimes, randomly after a game or after iPad notification of any kind.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Nov 26, 2012
- Version: 2.4
- Size: 12.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Marco Mazzoli
- © Marco Mazzoli
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Skin Pack$0.99