By Marco Mazzoli
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
- "Spirit is a paradigm example of independent game development for the iPhone" - 'Must Have', No DPad
- "If you're looking for a challenging new arcade experience, this one's easy to recommend" - Touch Arcade
- "Spirit is a budget gem you don’t want to miss" - TouchGen
- "One of the best arcade-style apps on the App Store right now" - GameZebo
- "The experience is incredibly fluid and seamless. It just feels right, and no amount of screen-shots can do it justice" - themacfeed.com
- "Hypnotic, compelling stuff" - The Sunday Times
- "Slick control scheme meets fantastic visual effects and sound design; this is the complete arcade package" - Games Uncovered
Take control of Spirit in an intense retro inspired arcade experience, reinvented for iPhone and iPod Touch.
Guide Spirit against many different enemy types, and distort space to force them into another dimension.
Features a fluid, easy to play yet hard to master control system. Relative movement allows you to keep your finger out of the way of the action.
Combine links and combos to build up huge scores. Fight your way through increasingly challenging waves, uniquely generated for each game.
What's New in Version 2.4
- Added "Rate Spirit" button inside options menu
- Bug fixes
Promising idea ruined by horrendously bad controls
I tried this game out and gave it a really fair evaluation period. The game style and purpose are quite promising, and would be really enjoyable, if not for the fact that the controls are horrible.
The touch control is the right approach, but several things stand against an enjoyable experience:
• First off is the fact that all too often, your finger obstructs the on-screen elements you're trying to interact with. It would be remedied by a dedicated control region of the screen, segregated from the gameplay region.
• Also, the movement of your hero is erratic, and does not respond consistently to your touch control.
This is one of the rare circumstances in which I would be eager to give the game another try, if the developer would improve the response to the control, as well as dedicate a control region. Perhaps this game should be iPad only; with more screen real estate to work with, a dedicated control region would be more easily implemented.
Unique, strategic arcade game similar to geometry wars.
Please note: I got this app free. However, this is among the best apps I have
I don't play bad games or mainstream games. Geometry dash and crossy road are trash, admit it. I actually play PC more often. This is an app I can stand to play for a long time on end.
-skill and strategy brilliantly combined.
-no sure-to-win strategies
-great overall system
-you WILL die.
-eventually, your finger overheats. (I'm dead serious)
-later levels practically impossible
-much better on iPad due to fingers obstructing your view.
Note to devs: This is a raaaaare game that might work better on the computer. I will be really hyped if it makes it.
Awesome and Challenging!!
I enjoy challenging games. This one by far has me hooked and is a challenge!! It's a simple game with a simple concept but man is it addicting. I recommend it. You'll find yourself coming back! Oh and I actually enjoy the music :) it may even prevent you from working lol time passes by so fast with this game...
- Category: Games
- Updated: Nov 26, 2012
- Version: 2.4
- Size: 12.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Marco Mazzoli
- © Marco Mazzoli
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Skin Pack$0.99