2nd Grade Splash Math Games. Cool worksheets for kids to learn addition, subtraction and geometry
By StudyPad, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Splash Math – 2nd Grade app is a collection of fun and interactive math problems aligned to Common Core Standards. The app reinforces math concepts with self-paced and adaptive practice anytime, anywhere (works on iPhone, iPod, iPad).
***Awards & Recognition's for Splash Math Series***
Splash Math Program is currently used by over 11 million kids and has bagged several prestigious awards.
• Winner of “Gold Stevie Award” (2013) in “Education and Reference” category
• Winner of “Tabby Awards” (2012) in “Best Education and Training App” category
• Winner of “Best Elementary Student App” (2011) by BestAppEver.com
• Featured in Apple lists - “Staff Favourite”, “New and Newsworthy”
*** REVIEWS ***
“Math skills + fun rewards = engaging for kids. Kids will love the graphics, music, and tools they can use to solve problems. The aquarium play also is fun and rewarding.” - CommonSenseMedia.org
“Exhaustive treatment of second grade math subjects that includes a full year's worth of problems, completion of which will pave the way for long term success in mathematics.” - SmartAppsForKids.com
“One of the best math skills experiences on the market for second-graders to practice independently, in small groups, or as whole-class reinforcement.” – Graphite.org
Content Coverage: 71+ math skills (2nd Grade)
Curriculum: Common Core State Standards
***Key Features of 2nd Grade Splash Math***
+ Self-paced math practice program
+ Explanation for wrong answers
+ Scratchpad for rough work
+ Virtual rewards and games
+ Monitor progress with real-time progress dashboard
+ HD graphics and sound effects to give an amazing game play experience.
*** TOPICS COVERED ***
StudyPad has the best math apps aligned to common core standards with virtually infinite number of questions. This app covers following topics:
1. Place Value - Extend place value understanding to hundreds place. Read and write three digit numbers in various forms
2. Number Sense - Compare and order three digit numbers. Practice skip counting and recognize even/odd numbers
3. Add within 20 - Fluently add within 20 including word problems
4. Subtract within 20 - Fluently subtract within 20 including word problems
5. Add within 100 - Use place value understanding to add two digit numbers
6. Subtract within 100 - Use place value understanding to subtract two digit numbers
7. Add within 1000 - Add two three digit numbers based on concepts of place value and using models
8. Subtract within 1000 - Subtraction involving two three digit numbers based on concepts of place value and using models
9. Time - Read and set time to 5 minutes using analog and digital clocks
10. Money - Work with money coins to count money and solve problems involving money amounts
11. Measurements - Measure and estimate lengths of objects in customary and metric units
12. Data - Represent and interpret data in up to 4 categories using line plots, picture graphs and bar graphs
13. Geometry - Identify two dimensional shapes including pentagons and hexagons, partition shapes into halves, thirds and fourths
*** SPLASH MATH APPS SERIES ***
+ Splash Math - K to 5 App
+ Preschool and Kindergarten Math App
+ 1st Grade Math App
+ 2nd Grade Math App
+ 3rd Grade Math App
+ 4th Grade Math App
+ 5th Grade Math App
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/SplashMath
• Twitter: @splashmath
• Website: https://www.splashmath.com
What's New in Version 5.1.3
- New theme for your kids
- Added new Jungle Game
If you like Splash Math, please leave a review on the App Store. It really helps!!
Have feedback? please email us at email@example.com
old functionality is now exchange for personal information
My daughter has been using this app (and previously the 1st grade app) for while. We really loved it because the app used to generate random questions related to multiple topics. That way she would get a fairly balanced set of easy questions mixed with hard questions. Another thing that I liked a lot about this app is that it did not ask you to sign up or create a profile that would be connected to the internet. Therefore, all the data was contained within my device.
The new update that was pushed to my iPad today is not a cosmetic change on the application. It is a structural change. The new app is tailor to gather data about those who use it. Parents/teachers must create a profile that is connected to the internet. Children do not get randomized sets anymore (at least not on my iPad) unless it is my understanding that a internet connected profile is created.
This update should never have come out without a privacy notice in advance of the update. I can read the privacy notice now but I cannot do anything about it because it is only possible to read it after the update. I cannot go back to the old app unless I recover the iPad from a backup, which obviously makes no sense.
Beware, this is not an update. This is an downgrade. Both apps on the app store should coexist even if the old one is not updated anymore. I guess StudyPad, Inc. did not want to loose the revenue stream by requesting current and prospective users to buy the new app. They also do not want to miss the revenue stream that comes from farming customer data.
The way this update has been handled is outrageous!!
- Category: Education
- Updated: Aug 11, 2015
- Version: 5.1.3
- Size: 265 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: StudyPad, Inc.
- © 2011 StudyPad, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.