Third Grade Splash Math Games. Kids learning multiplication facts, times tables & division for free
By StudyPad, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Splash Math – 3rd Grade app is a collection of fun and interactive math problems aligned to Common Core Standards. The app reinforces math concepts with self-paced and adaptive practice anytime, anywhere (works on iPhone, iPod, iPad).
***Awards & Recognition's for Splash Math Series***
Splash Math Program is currently used by over 12 million kids and has bagged several prestigious awards.
• Winner of “Gold Stevie Award” (2013) in “Education and Reference” category
• Winner of “Tabby Awards” (2012) in “Best Education and Training App” category
• Winner of “Best Elementary Student App” (2011) by BestAppEver.com
• Featured in Apple lists - “Staff Favourite”, “New and Newsworthy”
*** REVIEWS ***
“Parents need to know that 3rd Grade Splash Math Game is a cheerful, comprehensive tool that helps kids practice and strengthen a wide range of math skills.” - CommonSenseMedia.org
“The Splash Math apps always provide great games for each math concept. I really like that if you get something wrong, they tell you the correct answer. That way you’re not practicing incorrectly over and over again.” - ImaginationSoup.net
“Splash Math contents are extremely comprehensive. There are countless opportunities to recall math facts, recognize fractions, identify place value, money, and develop number sense. The app also has a very comprehensive report card that tracks student performance.” – Edutopia.org
Content Coverage: 88+ math skills (3rd Grade)
Curriculum: Common Core State Standards
***Key Features of 3rd Grade Splash Math***
+ Self-paced math practice program
+ Explanation for wrong answers
+ Scratchpad for rough work
+ Virtual rewards and games
+ Monitor progress with real-time progress dashboard
+ HD graphics and sound effects to give an amazing game play experience.
***In-app purchase and enrollment options***
Always free: 20 questions/day
*** TOPICS COVERED ***
StudyPad has the best math apps aligned to common core standards with virtually infinite number of questions. This app covers following topics:
1. Place Value - Extend place value understanding to hundreds place. Read and write three digit numbers in various forms
2. Number Sense - Compare and order 4 digit number, round numbers to the nearest ten and hundred
3. Addition - Fluently add three digit numbers
4. Subtraction - Fluently subtract three digit numbers
5. Four Digit Addition - Add numbers within 10000
6. Four Digit Subtraction - Subtract numbers within 10000
7. Multiplication Facts - Multiply using pictures and models and practice multiplication facts up to 10
8. Division Facts - Divide using pictures and models and practice multiplication facts up to 10
9. Fractions - Understand fractions as parts of a whole, comparison and equivalence of fractions
10. Time - Read and set time, solves problems dealing with elapsed time
11. Measurements and Data - Work units of weight and capacity, find area and perimeter of shapes, represent and interpret data in upto 5 categories
12. Geometry - Identify various types of triangles and quadrilaterals
13. Decimals - Work with decimal equivalents of tenths and hundredths
14. Multiplication - Estimate products and multiply two or three digit numbers by 1 digit numbers
15. Division - Estimate quotients and divide two or three digit numbers by 1 digit numbers
16. Money - Solve problems involving addition, subtraction, multiplication and division of money amounts
*** SPLASH MATH APPS SERIES ***
+ Splash Math - K to 5 App
+ Preschool and Kindergarten Math App
+ 1st Grade Math App
+ 2nd Grade Math App
+ 3rd Grade Math App
+ 4th Grade Math App
+ 5th Grade Math App
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/SplashMath
• Twitter: @splashmath
• Website: https://www.splashmath.com
What's New in Version 5.2.3
If you like Splash Math, please leave a review on the App Store. It really helps!!
Used to love it!
Not sure what happened, they updated the app a few months ago, not long after we paid a good chunk of money for the "5 Grades Lifetime” in-app purchase. My son hates it now. He’s a power user, and it gets repetitious, the look feels childish, and the reward system no longer does it for him (he’s 7 years old easily doing 3-4th grade math, so if it feels childish it probably is). I was hoping it would grow with him, but they need to invest a lot more into the app and not simply reskin it for each grade. Perhaps that’s not what they’re doing but it feels that way. It doesn’t appear to evolve and challenge him. I told Splash math this, but I guess there’s not much they can do having just re-imagined it. Meh, sad at throwing money out the window.
Great for fact practice and more
We like that there is a fun Jungle to collect items. Though it is hard to locate this section initially since it is in the fact area. Wish there was even more to do. There are a lot of option though beyond facts. Glad to see time and money as part of it. I really like that I get an email update so I can monitor progress. This really helps keep it a top priority when the child wants to use the iPad.
I homeschool my two daughters (ages 9 & 7), & we bought the Splash Math levels 1st grade & 4th grade to practice daily. Sometimes they use the timed math fact practice feature & sometimes they work through the lessons. It is definitely supplemental as it doesn't have a teaching component. But I like that it is aligned with what they are already learning in our math program. My favorite part is the weekly email about my students' usage. It's a great tool to check on their progress.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Apr 14, 2016
- Version: 5.2.3
- Size: 230 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: StudyPad, Inc.
- © 2011 StudyPad, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Grade 3$9.99
- Grade 3 Lifetime$9.99
- Multiplication Facts$0.99
- 5 Grades Lifetime$29.99
- Full Version Phone$9.99
- Grade 4 Lifetime$9.99
- Division Facts$0.99
- Splash Math$34.99