SplashID Safe Password Manager
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
SplashID is the world's most trusted password storage system. For over 12 years, over one million users have kept their passwords safe with SplashID - and now it gets even better with an all-new version.
Think of SplashID as your personal vault or digital wallet on the iPhone or iPad. You can store and lock sensitive information - not just usernames and passwords but credit card data, account numbers, registration codes, prescriptions, and much more.
Keeping your usernames, passwords, and bank account numbers in your head, on a Word or Excel file, or written on a piece of paper is unsafe. Passwords can be forgotten; laptops can be lost. With SplashID, your data is easily and quickly accessible, reliably stored, and - most importantly - secure.
Only SplashID offers:
- Access: Free, native, secure apps for mobile, desktop, web, and browser
- Choice of sync and storage: You decide how to store and sync your records with convenient cloud sync, local network Wi-Fi sync, or on-device storage
- Touch ID login
- Customizable record types and categories keep information organized
- Photo capture feature quickly and easily stores credit card information
- File attachments: upload photos, documents, and add notes to any record for reference
- Protection features include 256-bit encryption and 2-factor authentication
- Secure sharing: Safely share records with other SplashID users or even those who don’t use SplashID
- Automatic SplashID Backup service to ensure data never gets lost
- Security dashboard provides usage statistics and tools to monitor and fix weak, reused, and old passwords
- Web autofill saves typing in usernames, passwords, and delivers the correct address from the secure data vault every time to prevent phishing
- SplashID extension available for autofill in Safari
Lock your personal information up in a state-of-the-art data saver and feel comfortable knowing that at any time you can access private information safely.
No other password app delivers SplashID's combination of features, reliability, and security. Compare SplashID to others: https://www.splashid.com/best-password-manager
The app is free to use with basic record storage functionality. A one-year subscription to SplashID Pro gives you many additional features like sync across devices, security dashboard and automated backup for just $19.99. You can purchase the subscription from the app store and it will be charged to your iTunes account. It will auto-renew at the end of the year. Use your iTunes account to cancel the subscription anytime up to 24 hours before the renewal.
You can read about our terms of service at https://splashid.com/terms.htm
What's New in Version 8.1.4
Multiple fixes for improving stability
Almost there. Bring back “swipe to edit"
I’ve scorched the developers for some of their design and implementation decisions in the past, but they’ve remedied most of the worst issues with this app and its desktop companion app. Still, there are two things I think they need to fix:
1. The “favorite” stars really get in the way on the narrower screens of the not-plus iPhones and the iPod Touch. It’s too easy to toggle a star when one really intended to scrub down the alphabet to quickly navigate through records by name.
2. The “swipe left to edit” method is gone, maybe forever. That’s a major bummer, because I don’t know how I’m supposed to edit a record now without going to the computer app. I get that I can edit record fields that are already populated, but if I want to populate or customize empty fields there’s no way to do this, as far as I can see.
Credit where it’s due, the devs have cleaned this app up significantly since my last review. I didn’t mention that it seems slower than before because I’ve only tried this new version a few times. It is noticeably slower than it used to be on the iPod Touch. And if the “swipe to edit” mechanism was sacrificed for the sake of “favoriting” records, that seems like a dumb trade. That’s why there’s a star missing from this review.
Terrible App, Terrible Tech Support, Not Worth The Money. Find another password manager.
Don't buy the lifetime license, it's a rip-off. You will lose data or access to data and the tech support can't/won't help you. Additionally, their default solution is to delete the app and reinstall it. This creates duplicates and records turn to gibberish and you may lose data. The wifi sync doesn't do anything. It claims to sync across devices, but I haven't been able to get it to work in two years and tech support isn't helpful. Allegedly you get cloud sync when you get the lifetime license, but I haven't been able to get it to work in two years and tech support isn't helpful on that either. Finally, when data is irretrievable because of their faulty app and terrible tech support, all they have to say is "oh well."
Bottom line: find another password manager.
Getting worse by the day
Used to love this app on palm. But since signing up with the lifetime, just problem after problem. Tech support is so nil - it's useless. Didn't want to sync via cloud, but the wifi sync just stopped working. Had to move to cloud sync to ensure I wouldn't lose my data. (15 years worth!) Then noticed that my iphone app was showing the categories in gibberish. Tech support told me to delete the app, and let it sync back via cloud. Now I have multiple duplicates! Trying to work through and clean that up now, and program on iphone (6+) is all buggish. Won't open the app, when it does, it's slooooooow.
So sorry to see this app fail. I have way too many passwords in this app so I am not jumping out yet, but if you are just starting - I would go with another. Maybe Dashlane or something.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jan 13, 2017
- Version: 8.1.4
- Size: 43.4 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: SplashData
- © 2016 SplashData, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- SplashID Pro$19.99
- Standalone - No Sync$9.99
- Wi-Fi Sync$29.99