Splashtop 2 Remote Desktop - Personal
By Splashtop Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
New Year Sales !! (retail $19.99 USD) Check out other Splashtop Apps On Sales as well!
"Both a breakthrough and a bargain." – NY Times
"Splashtop -- Meet the most popular app on iTunes." – USA Today
"No iPad-armed road warrior should be without it." – InformationWeek
"Apple’s Top 25 best-selling iPad app of ALL-TIME." -- iTunes
#1 iPad app in US in June 2011
#1 iPad app in 30+ countries
#1 iPad business app in 100+ countries
Over 18 Million Users -- #1 Remote Desktop App for iPad! Splashtop is the easiest and fastest way to access your Mac or Windows PC from your iPad!
Use Splashtop to access your computer on the local network with best-in-class video streaming performance. View and edit Microsoft Office and PDF files. Browse the web using IE, Chrome, and Firefox with full Flash and Java support. Play 3D PC and Mac games. Access your entire media library and documents. And more!
To access your computer from across the Internet, subscribe to Anywhere Access Pack via In-App Purchase.
* Use your iPad to access all of the programs and files on your computer with 100% compatibility, including PowerPoint, Keynote, Word, Excel, Outlook, Quicken, IE, Chrome, Safari, and all other PC/Mac applications
* Use your full desktop browser (IE, Chrome, Firefox) with Flash and Java support, with all of your bookmarks and your favorite plug-ins
* Enjoy the full video and music libraries that are playable only on your computer, whatever formats they’re in
* Play all the 3D games (World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Skyrim, Diablo III, etc.) and all the Flash games (FarmVille, CityVille, etc.)
* Enjoy the most vibrant experience with Apple Retina display support (when using native resolution)
Optional In-App Subscriptions:
Get Anywhere Access Pack to access your computer from across the Internet, via our global network of secure, high-performance servers:
– Access across Internet over 3G/4G and Wi-Fi
– Optimized streaming performance under varying network conditions
– Fully secured via SSL with 256-bit AES encryption
– Subscribe monthly for $1.99 or annually for $16.99
Get Productivity Pack which includes Configurable Shortcuts & Gamepad and Whiteboard:
– Control your Windows and Mac apps and games easily with on-screen shortcuts mapped to your most commonly used functions. Use the built-in profiles for popular apps or create your own.
– Annotate over any live remote desktop screen. Great for presentations and classroom instruction.
– Subscribe monthly for $1.99 or annually for $16.99
Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. You will not be able to cancel a subscription during the active period. Manage your subscriptions in the Account Settings after purchase.
You may access up to 5 computers via your Splashtop Account.
Splashtop Personal is for non-commercial use only, i.e. use it to access your personal computers for non-work related purposes.
For commercial use in a professional environment, please use Splashtop Business which is specifically designed for the workplace offering enhanced manageability, security, and compliance (www.splashtop.com/business).
1. Install Splashtop Streamer on your PC (Windows 7/8/10, Vista, and XP), Mac (10.7 and higher), or Linux (Ubuntu 12.04). Download for free from www.splashtop.com/downloads
2. A computer with dual-core CPU is strongly recommended for best performance
What's New in Version 220.127.116.11
- New feature: Require Windows/Mac login when connecting to a remote computer. v3.0+ streamer is required for this new security feature. Turn it on at streamer’s security tab.
- New feature: Improved background mode. Audio from the remote computer can now be mixed with local audio.
- Bug fix: “Specify IP address” now works again.
- Bug fix: For iPad Pro users: smart keyboard will not be deactivated after app switch.
Best Work App I Have!
Primary purpose for purchasing SplashTop was to TCB when away from home. It's amazing how from California I could literally use my home computer to download jobs from email and Internet and even print invoices in Maryland. On a convenience level I can sit in kitchen in the morning and use iPad Air to play Webkinz via SplashTop to PC. I will be renewing license come June. Amazingly this works just as well on my Moto X2! There was no additional monthly payment for wi-fi use but I bought the Anywhere use so even in the middle of a parking lot I can use cellular service to connect to home. Couldn't be more pleased. Even taking care of just one work crisis while away from the office makes the yearly fee well worthwhile!
This review is regarding an iPad Pro.
FIXED!!! [Finally we get iOS 9 picture-in-picture multitasking...but if you play any audio in the foreground app, Splashtop pauses the screen in the PiP. I'm not sure whether this is a limitation of how PiP works on iOS, but not being able to listen to something on the iPad while silently monitoring the remote PC makes the PiP barely useful.]
FIXED!!! [Switching back-and-forth between full screen Splashtop and iPad apps is now possible again (the last update broke it on an iPad Pro), but like before, merely opening Splashtop kills iPad audio. You don't even need to be connected to a remote PC. At least with this update, you can switch out and swipe up the control panel to restart whatever was playing, but it should never be stopped in the first place.]
Recent update claims iPad Pro support, yet there's no options for some higher iPad Pro resolutions. Just crappy 800x600 and crappy 1024x768. A 4:3 resolution at half the iPad Pro resolution (1366x1024) would be perfect - rather than screwing around with the native resolution of the PC, which is obviously not a viable solution.
More Valuable Than I Imagined
I didn't think that Splashtop would be all that useful when I first downloaded it. I only half expected it to work for Flash content, and figured it would be awkward to navigate and operate given the lack of a mouse and comparatively small iPhone & iPad screens, but decided to try it anyway, and I'm glad I did! I am EXTREMELY pleased with it's navigation, operation and reliability – It allows complete use of everything on my PC, and I'm using it more and more, my laptop is feeling lonely and jealous. The new cut/copy/paste feature between devices is really sweet, saving a lot of time and effort.♥♥♥.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Feb 01, 2016
- Version: 18.104.22.168
- Size: 48.6 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Splashtop Inc.
- © 2010-2016 Splashtop Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Anywhere Access Pack$1.99
- Anywhere Access Pack$16.99
- Productivity Pack$1.99
- Configurable Shortcuts & Gamepad$0.99
- Productivity Pack$16.99
- Configurable Shortcuts & Gamepad$9.99