Splashtop 2 Remote Desktop - Personal
By Splashtop Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Celebrating 16 Million Users, Holiday Sales Limited Time (retail $19.99 USD)!!
"Both a breakthrough and a bargain." – NY Times
"Splashtop -- Meet the most popular app on iTunes." – USA Today
"No iPad-armed road warrior should be without it." – InformationWeek
"Apple’s Top 25 best-selling iPad app of ALL-TIME." -- iTunes
#1 iPad app in US in June 2011
#1 iPad app in 30+ countries
#1 iPad business app in 100+ countries
Over 15 Million Users -- #1 Remote Desktop App for iPad! Splashtop is the easiest and fastest way to access your Mac or Windows PC from your iPad!
Use Splashtop to access your computer on the local network with best-in-class video streaming performance. View and edit Microsoft Office and PDF files. Browse the web using IE, Chrome, and Firefox with full Flash and Java support. Play 3D PC and Mac games. Access your entire media library and documents. And more!
To access your computer from across the Internet, subscribe to Anywhere Access Pack via In-App Purchase.
* Use your iPad to access all of the programs and files on your computer with 100% compatibility, including PowerPoint, Keynote, Word, Excel, Outlook, Quicken, IE, Chrome, Safari, and all other PC/Mac applications
* Use your full desktop browser (IE, Chrome, Firefox) with Flash and Java support, with all of your bookmarks and your favorite plug-ins
* Enjoy the full video and music libraries that are playable only on your computer, whatever formats they’re in
* Play all the 3D games (World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Skyrim, Diablo III, etc.) and all the Flash games (FarmVille, CityVille, etc.)
* Enjoy the most vibrant experience with Apple Retina display support (when using native resolution)
Optional In-App Subscriptions:
Get Anywhere Access Pack to access your computer from across the Internet, via our global network of secure, high-performance servers:
– Access reliably across Internet, over 3G, from behind firewalls, etc.
– Optimized streaming performance under varying network conditions over Wi-Fi and 3G
– Fully secured via SSL with 256-bit AES encryption
– Subscribe monthly for $1.99 or annually for $16.99
Get Productivity Pack which includes Configurable Shortcuts & Gamepad and Whiteboard:
– Control your Windows and Mac apps and games easily with on-screen shortcuts mapped to your most commonly used functions. Use the built-in profiles for popular apps or create your own.
– Annotate over any live remote desktop screen. Great for presentations and classroom instruction.
– Subscribe monthly for $1.99 or annually for $16.99
Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. You will not be able to cancel a subscription during the active period. Manage your subscriptions in the Account Settings after purchase.
You may access up to 5 computers via your Splashtop Account.
Splashtop Personal is for non-commercial use only, i.e. use it to access your personal computers for non-work related purposes.
For commercial use in a professional environment, please use Splashtop Business which is specifically designed for the workplace offering enhanced manageability, security, and compliance (www.splashtop.com/business).
1. Install Splashtop Streamer on your PC (Windows 7, Vista, and XP), Mac (Snow Leopard, Lion, Mountain Lion) , or Linux (Ubuntu 12.04). Download for free from www.splashtop.com.
2. A computer with dual-core CPU is strongly recommended for best performance.
What's New in Version 184.108.40.206
- Add Russian and Portuguese languages
- Bug fixes and usability improvements
Serious Dual Display Support Issues
I have been looking forward to using this application for some time now. Unfortunately, it presents several major and unacceptable flaws.
My workspace is a dual display setup. My laptop screen acts as a secondary display while my 23" monitor acts as my primary display. While Splashtop does allow in-app display switching, as soon as I switch from one to the other, it forces the monitor resolutions to change. This occurs despite selecting the "use computer's native display" setting. As a result, my workspace is not preserved.
I often connect my laptop to a projector in a similar dual display setup. The same frustrating forced resolution changes occur in this case as well.
Additionally, when using Windows8 compatibility mode, all gestures are translated to the laptop screen, regardless of the display I am looking at on my iPad. In other words, while trying to click something on my iPad displaying the primary 23" screen, Splashtop is actually selecting random objects, opening programs, etc. on the laptop screen.
Dual display setups are now very common in the workplace. For a company who has been in this market for so long and offers supposed "Business" and "Enterprise" solutions, I find these issues unacceptable. These points should be taken into serious consideration- as the application currently stands, I cannot recommend this as a dependable or professional display solution.
I Love This App, So Far
I picked up this app for one reason -- to access my computer from my iPad. There are multiple ways to use this, either for presentation or for remote use. I am doing it for the latter. People are commenting about the computer's screen being altered to better fit iPad. That doesn't bother me at all because I don't use this in conjunction with the computer screen, i.e presentation. It is simply an extension of my computer.
I am not without any critiques though. For starters, I have multiple screens and, while the one screen looks good on iPad, the second does not. It only seems to take up half the iPad screen, leaving me with a black portion at the bottom. I combat that by just not switching to second screen while on iPad.
When the screen changes on your computer, it isn't that bad because once you leave app, screen goes back to normal.
Overall, I like the app, especially considering the fact that I can access both my Mac and Windows (I have Parallels Desktop on my computer). For the price, we'll worth it. Haven't been out to see how Anywhere part works, but I m paying 1.99 per month.
Solid and Perpetually Improving
I've been using Splashtop for very long time and I like it. The current version works extremely well. While there are always going to be hiccups when porting a iMac desktop to an iPad mini (even with Retina display) Splashtop does a very good job in providing the tools necessary to navigate and get things done.
As someone who has gone through multiple iterations of Splashtop, what is most gratifying is the institutional commitment to improving the product, release after release.
Many apps seem to reach plateaus where the developers walk away from their products to create new ones that do the same thing with additional functionality and additional cost to the end-user. Splashtop, thusfar, has been committed to their original platform and making new releases that better address the fundamental challenges of Remote Desktop access. Well done.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Oct 31, 2013
- Version: 220.127.116.11
- Size: 33.2 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Splashtop Inc.
- © 2010-2014 Splashtop Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Anywhere Access Pack$1.99
- Anywhere Access Pack$16.99
- Productivity Pack$1.99
- Configurable Shortcuts & Gamepad$0.99
- Productivity Pack$16.99
- Configurable Shortcuts & Gamepad$9.99