Splashtop 2 Remote Desktop for iPhone & iPod - Personal
By Splashtop Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Black Friday Limited Time Sales at $0.99!! (retail $9.99 USD); iPad version on big sales as well!
"Both a breakthrough and a bargain." – NY Times
"Splashtop -- Meet the most popular app on iTunes." – USA Today
“Apple’s Top 25 best-selling iPad app of All-Time” -- iTunes (April 2012)
#1 iPhone business app in 62 countries
Over 18 Million Users -- #1 Remote Desktop App for iPhone & iPod! Splashtop is the easiest and fastest way to access your Mac or Windows PC from your iPhone & iPod!
Use Splashtop to access your computer on the local network with best-in-class video streaming performance. View and edit Microsoft Office and PDF files. Browse the web using IE, Chrome, and Firefox with full Flash and Java support. Play 3D PC and Mac games. Access your entire media library and documents. Put your PC or Mac in your pocket!
To access your computer from across the Internet, subscribe to Anywhere Access Pack via In-App Purchase.
* Use your iPhone or iPod to access all of the programs and files on your computer with 100% compatibility, including PowerPoint, Keynote, Word, Excel, Outlook, Quicken, IE, Chrome, Safari, and all other PC/Mac applications
* Use your full desktop browser (IE, Chrome, Firefox) with Flash and Java support, with all of your bookmarks and your favorite plug-ins
* Enjoy the full video and music libraries that are playable only on your computer, whatever formats they’re in
* Play all the 3D games (World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Skyrim, Diablo III, etc.) and all the Flash games (FarmVille, CityVille, etc.)
Optional In-App Subscription
Get Anywhere Access Pack to access your computer over 3G/4G or from across the Internet, via our global network of secure, high-performance servers:
-- Access across Internet over 3G/4G and Wi-Fi
-- Optimized streaming performance under varying network conditions
-- Fully secured via SSL with 256-bit AES encryption
-- Subscribe monthly for $1.99 or annually for $16.99
Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. You will not be able to cancel a subscription during the active period. Manage your subscriptions in the Account Settings after purchase.
You may access up to 5 computers via your Splashtop Account.
Splashtop Personal is for non-commercial use only, i.e. use it to access your personal computers for non-work related purposes.
For commercial use in a professional environment, please use Splashtop Business which is designed for the workplace offering enhanced manageability, security, and compliance (www.splashtop.com/business).
1. Install Splashtop Streamer on your PC (Windows 7, Vista, and XP), Mac (Snow Leopard, Lion, Mountain Lion), or Linux (Ubuntu 12.04). Download for free from www.splashtop.com/streamer
2. A computer with dual-core CPU is strongly recommended for best performance
3. Compatible with iPhone 3GS and newer and iPod touch (3rd generation and later)
What's New in Version 126.96.36.199
- Copy and paste is improved.
- Bug fixes (SHIFT key is not auto locked anymore – thank you for your feedback!)
This is a paid subscription service, not a Remote Desktop client
I grabbed this because I heard a couple people say they'd used it and I hadn't found a Remote Desktop (RDP) client as smooth as Screens is for VNC yet. Well, despite the name, this isn't a Remote Desktop client, it doesn't just connect you to the free RDP server on your machine, but is a paid subscription service to do this via open web ports (guessing) in case people don't want to set it up themselves. I'll grant that there's probably a group of people who find that useful, but I'm not installing some service to test it out. It doesn't work as a Remote Desktop client in case anyone else looks at buying it and finds this useful.
Best remote app for Windows & Mac
I've been using this software/app for 2yrs and it keeps getting better. For $2 month or $16 a year you can't beat it! This has saved me so many times when I needed to access important docs located on my home desktop. Additionally you can remote in from anywhere! I don't get why people complain when they find out to remote from anywhere you need a paid subscription. Def worth it.
Best App Out There
I have been using Splashtop for two years now, and it never fails to give me access to my computer when and where I need it. I would highly recommend learning how to use it outside of your home as that's what has helped me the most.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Business
- Updated: Nov 23, 2015
- Version: 188.8.131.52
- Size: 37.4 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Splashtop Inc.
- © 2011-2014 Splashtop Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Anywhere Access Pack$1.99
- Anywhere Access Pack$16.99