Splashtop Extended Wireless Display 2
By Splashtop Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
**** LIMITED TIME SALE (Regular Price: $19.99 USD)
**** Turn your iPad into a Wi-Fi-connected second monitor! ****
**** Over 18 million customers are enjoying Splashtop today! ****
*** Please contact us at http://www.splashtop.com/support if you have problems extending your screen. The App Store does not provide a way for us to respond to user reviews. ***
Splashtop Extended Wireless Display 2 turns an iPad into a wireless second display for your computer to enhance productivity. Using the iPad as a screen extender can serve many purposes. For instance:
* Reduce desktop clutter by filling your iPad screen with widgets, folder shortcuts, IM buddy list, Skype, Twitter, Photoshop palettes, and other utility apps
* View spreadsheets across monitors so that all columns can be seen without scrolling
* Park background entertainment windows such as Netflix, Hulu, or social games (FarmVille) on the iPad while working
* Edit an HTML page on one monitor while viewing the rendered web page on the iPad
* Collaborate with others by showing them additional content on the extended iPad screen
* Play Flash movies and videos on your iPad in bed or on the couch and avoid the hassle of transferring or converting
* Full audio and video support (sound can be independently turned on/off from either the computer or iPad)
* Support for Windows 7 default Aero desktop theme featuring translucent windows
* Intuitive touch gestures with pinch-to-zoom capability
* Virtual on-screen keyboard as optional text input method
* Auto orientation when iPad is turned (works in both landscape and portrait modes)
* Password protection for privacy
* Ability to choose the position of your extended display relative to the computer
FAST AND EASY SETUP
1. Download Splashtop Extended Wireless Display 2 (this app) from App Store
2. Download latest Splashtop Streamer for your computer at http://www.splashtop.com/downloads
(MAC users, install the virtual driver on Splashtop Streamer under [Settings] -> [Install virtual display driver])
3. Choose your computer from the Splashtop Extended Wireless Display 2's computer list and you are good to go
To receive connections using Splashtop Extended Wireless Display 2, your computer needs to have:
* OS: Windows 7, 8; or MAC OS X 10.8, 10.9
* Memory: 2 GB of RAM
* Processor: 1.6 GHz or faster dual-core CPU
Both your computer (Mac or Windows) and iPad must be on the same Wi-Fi network.
* Currently only supports computers with at least one unused video display output
* When Windows Aero is disabled, certain functions might not be available
What's New in Version 188.8.131.52
* UI enhancements
* minor bug fixes
Not worth unless sure of having fast internet
I was lookin to get app tat connects through usb n I got twomon usb app. N at present to my surprise it's not workin. I kept them a mail though. Coming to this app which is wireless at least is workin, but I wish it should have an option to connect both wired n wireless n let customers decide. I have win 7, n I app air 2. Getting to connect for first time is bit sketchy. I have 30 Mbps net speed, which I guess is speed enough. The performance is very lagging n disconnections happens frequently. Worst part is the laptop screen will keep on becoming blank, wen tis app try to reconnect through my iPad. App makers should have put some thought on tis, as net is bound to break many times in between for wireless. I am very disappointed wid the cost vs performance
Apple support should give options to get money back in few days, if customers r not happy wid performance
Love it, works with windows 8 and 10
To be able to connect to Windows 10 you need to create a ghost display on your Windows computer. Download XDisplay for free, which is the same as this app but not wireless. However, just using XDisplay will create the ghost display. Now exit the app and then try this app. It should works now.
I love this app because I work online with clients but while I am waiting for a client I play some videogames and I keep an eye on my ipad
Want a refund.
Doesn't work on iPad and hosed my MacBook Pro as well. Not only did it not work at all on my iPad (just a blank screen & frozen iPad), the desktop app caused my MacBook Pro to be unusable -- mouse & trackpad no longer work properly with app installed. Had to uninstall the app & delete additionalsystem files before Mac would work again. Took hours to solve.
Don't try to email developer fOn their website contact page from your iPad -- you can't.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Mar 16, 2015
- Version: 184.108.40.206
- Size: 13.4 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Splashtop Inc.
- © 2013-2014 Splashtop Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.