Splinter Cell Conviction™
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The benchmark of action stealth games on console is available for the first time on iPhone & iPod Touch!
**MacWorld: “The strategies of Splinter Cell Conviction have real potential for depth and variety—already this title looks like more than your typical third-person shooter on your iPhone.”
**Slide to play: “Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction looks and plays great, and it's rare that we see such a sophisticated stealth game on this platform.”
Unleash the ferocious skills of renegade agent Sam Fisher.
Play as Sam Fisher, a highly skilled Special Forces operative and fight a corrupted secret agency to get your daughter back. Follow a trail of intrigue that leads from Iraq to a high-security building in Washington. Run, jump, fight, and shoot using a handgun, shotgun, AK47 and bazooka, or maintain stealth by improvising with nearby objects. You are now a renegade spy agent; you don't follow any orders except for your own rules of engagement!
ASTONISHING ENVIRONMENTS AND GRAPHICS
- Go through 11 levels set in 8 different locations from Malta to the White House.
- Discover an exclusive iPhone level on the banks of the Potomac River.
- Experience fully polished 3D graphics with an amazing depth of view.
ADVANCED STEALTH GAMEPLAY
- The Mark & Execute feature allows you to mark multiple targets then quickly eliminate them all at once.
- The Last Known Position indicates where your enemies think you are, allowing you to outflank and eliminate them.
- Get behind enemies without being noticed and kill them in one hit!
- Projected texts inform you of objectives and guide you through the level.
- Get Sam behind cover to hide and dodge enemy fire.
CONSTANT ACTION THROUGHOUT THE GAME
- Beat your opponents in stunning hand-to-hand combat and interrogate enemies to get crucial information.
- Experience a frantic rail-shooting sequence on a speeding boat.
- Use a wide range of weapons and gadgets to get rid of your enemies. Pistols, sonar goggles and camera grenades are at your disposal!
EARN TROPHIES AND AWARDS ON GAMELOFT LIVE!
Your morals! Your game!
Also available from Gameloft on the iPhone: Brothers in Arms 2, Rayman 2: The Great Escape, Gameloft Sports Pack, Fishing Kings, Blokus and Iron Man 2.
Certain apps allow you to purchase virtual items within the app and may contain third party advertisements that may redirect you to a third party site.
What's New in Version 1.0.2
Updated for iPhone 4 and iOS 4
- Crisp, gorgeous high-resolution graphics to take full advantage of the iPhone 4 Retina display
- Support for iOS 4 multitasking on compatible devices: switch between your favorite apps instantly
This game is excellent (4 1/2 stars)!
-Fun gameplay with a small learning curve on the controls
-360 degree camera control
-Your character (Fisher) is very versatile and can hide behind many barriers, and has many killing techniques
-Great graphics for the iPod/iPhone - a la PS1
-Intriguing storyline that keeps you wanting to move through the missions
-Great weapons -including grenades -and weapon control
-The entire game is streamlined, and moving from point A to point B is a no-brainer because they show you exactly where to go with arrows. This is fine for general movement, but they even have show you how to solve the puzzles. This makes the game way too easy at places where there could be clever challenges to solve
-Extremely dumb A.I. (Artificial Intelligence)
-When choosing the difficulty, the only thing that increases it is the amount of health your character (Fisher) has. The A.I. is no smarter, and everything is still spelled out for you.
I was thoroughly surprised at how well Splinter Cell was ported onto the iPod/iPhone. The controls and technical aspects of the game are near-perfect. Unfortunately, the lack of difficulty and unforgivable A.I. kept me from giving it a perfect score - and I would give it 4 1/2 stars if possible. However, I still very highly recommend this game for $4.99. You will get plenty of fun gameplay for your money!
NOT FOR KIDS!
There is a problem with Apple's rating system. The ESRB, the OFFICIAL game-rating system that we all know and trust, has RATED THIS APP M FOR MATURE. So why isn't this app rated 17+? Because setting it to 12+ sells more copies, that's why.
Yeah, this game is great; the graphics rule, the gameplay is refined, and the controls rock. But it is bloody, prrofane, and violent. 12 Year Olds all over America ARE PLAYING AN M-RATED GAME because Apple's rating system is too lax to differentiate between T-rated games and M-rated ones. This applies to countless other apps that WOULD be rated M IF RATED BY THE ESRB: NOVA, NOVA 2, Brothers In Arms 2, Zombie Infection, Modern Combat: Sandstorm, Ganstar 1, Gangstar 2, Gangstar 3, Rainbow Six, Prince Of Persia, Backstab, Special Ops, their shameless Uncharted knockoff (whatever it's called), and an innumerable ammount more. PARENTS: if you want your kid playing age-appropriate games, please speak out about this. I'm only 13, so I really don't have a say in things here. But YOU DO. YOU can do something about all this. YOU can make sure the M-rated apps get the 17+ that they deserve. Something needs to be done here. The app store is becoming a haven for violent videgames, and we should build a dam before this river floods the minds of too many young American kids.
Good game, but needs work
I bought this since I have two other Splinter Cell titles for my PC. This game is great and runs fine on my iPhone 4. One bug I've noticed, though, is pausing the game results in the status bar being displayed in the app until I close out and restart the game. It is difficult to play the game with the status bar showing because it covers up the light meter thing.
Also, the controls seem very quirky at times. The weapon/action buttons are in the way of being able to rotate the camera in different directions. This game is also based much more on action and shooting than stealth, though that may be the case with the newer games in this series. (The 2 games mentioned earlier are the 1st one and Pandora Tomorrow). I also think the graphics in this game could've been better. I'd be willing to let the game load more often/longer in return for better graphics and gameplay.
And one more thing: it seems the enemies' voices are very limited. They always say the same thing. "Die, Sam, die!" and "It's Fisher! We're under attack!" become very annoying after hearing them hundreds of times on every level. (By the way, they know his name. So much for stealth.)
This is a good game but with its issues, it isn't worth the $5 price tag. Get it when it's on sale.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jul 15, 2010
- Version: 1.0.2
- Size: 535 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Spanish
- Seller: Gameloft
- © 2010 Gameloft. All Rights Reserved. Published by Gameloft under License from Ubisoft Entertainment. Splinter Cell, Splinter Cell Conviction, Sam Fisher, the Soldier Icon, Ubisoft, Ubi.com and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the U.S. and/or other countries. Gameloft and the Gameloft logo are trademarks of Gameloft in the US and/or other countries.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.