Forget about complicated spreadsheets!
Splittr helps you to split group expenses on vacations, with your roommates or any other group activity.
Simply add expenses as you go and Splittr will tell you who is next to pay and who owes whom how much.
Invite your friends and everybody can enter expenses with their own devices.
- Works offline
- Syncs with friends
- No registration needed
- All currencies supported
- PDF and CSV export
- Statistics and fun facts about your group
- Super fast and easy user interface
- Intelligent equalization payment algorithm that minimizes the number of transactions
- You can split expenses unevenly if purchasers paid different amounts or if certain participants benefited more or less from the expense
- Automatic backups
Use case: Imagine you are on a trip with two friends: Emma and Daniel. You pay $100 for gas for the trip. Anyone with a calculator can divide that price three ways, but even then, you’d normally have to keep a record of the expense in order to divvy it up later. With Splittr, this expense is entered in a couple of seconds and divided equally with little time or effort.
Imagine that later, you, Emma and Daniel go to a restaurant. You’re not hungry, so you only order juice. Daniel orders a steak and a cheesecake. Emma gets a spinach salad. The bill is $80. Daniel forgot his wallet in the hotel room and doesn’t pay, but you chip in $60 and Emma pays $20. You need a math degree to calculate who owes what, right? Not with Splittr! Simply enter who paid how much and Splittr will do the rest.
It’s that simple!
We listened to your feedback and this is your reward:
Version 2.5.1 - 2.5.4:
- Bugfix for the group title input that crashed on some devices.
- A nasty layout bug crept in the expense lists, which we gracefully removed.
- We fixed a crash bug on app start that occurred on iPhone X and Plus models only. (Thanks to Mauro for the test support!)
- Custom categories! Finally. This was one of the most wanted feature. You can add your own categories now.
- A much simpler and faster group creation user interface.
- A much simpler and faster transaction creation user interface.
- A member of your group lost his account and can't join the group anymore? You can now invite them to your group and merge both accounts together, which will transfer all transactions to one account. Swipe left on an member to merge accounts.
- Archived groups are now user specific.
- We allow 0 as a valid input for share weightings.
- Only the admin of a group can close the current episode now.
- Added copy email template function when Apple Mail is not setup on your device.
- Fixed a bug that showed a wrong badge count after flagging an eq payment as paid.
- Fixed a bug that prevented some people from revoking an invitation.
- Many small UI and performance optimizations.
Thank you for your great support, your great reviews and your emails that helped us a lot to build Splittr for you!
Ratings and Reviews
Invaluable app for travel with friends
17 days, 5 couples, 3 countries, 3 currencies, $7,500 in shared expenses and creative expense splitting throughout. Splittr made the finances of this trip between friends SOOOOO simple. I’ve had trips with 2-3 friends over a weekend or so and used a spreadsheet to track it all. But before going on this trip, I knew I needed something more as my spreadsheet became unwieldy when you had to split things unevenly and/or had to exclude different people for different expenses. Not to mention multiple currencies. Splittr handled it all with ease. It can split expenses by $, %, evenly, a weighting, or any combination of these. I merely took a picture of the receipt when an expense was incurred and either entered it on the spot into Splittr (took well less than a minute even with the OCD double checking I do), or that night. It gives a complete report of each expense by person/couple showing what each paid and was allocated for the expense. So complete transparency for all. Also figures out the most expedient way to settle up to minimize transactions between parties. Can’t say enough good things about this app.
I’m in love!
This is truly a wonderful app. We’ve traveled with a group of friends for years, and determining expenses at the end of each trip was a major headache for one or more of the group who might have some math skills. Got Splittr last spring for a trip. What a difference! Found a few kinks, reached out to Raphael and he was so responsive. Just got back from a 10-day trip, and this version of Splittr is the bomb. Thanks for such a great app!
Love this app!!!
This app has changed my life- truly! Ive told so many friends about it and now it has become a verb- "Shall we Splittr it?"
One bit of feedback- when you create an event it automatically uses your default currency and you cant change it later. Maybe insert the option when creating a group to either use default or change it?
Thank you for creating this app!
- Raphael Wichmann
- 72.1 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, German
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018, Raphael Wichmann
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Membership Lifetime $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.