Splitwatch is a specialized timing application that gives the serious track/swimming coach or fan a powerful interval stopwatch on their iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad.
- Designed especially for track and swimming training and competition but is also effective for any event where interval recording is needed.
- Automatically calculates the split breakdown as you are timing. For example, if set for 200m intervals would yield each 200m, 400m, 800m, and 1600m (or 1000m if in Kilo split mode) throughout the race.
- Provides closing splits (for example, last 200, 400, 600, 800, 1000) and split summary info with Min, Max, and Avg lap times.
- Quickly identify which parts of a race were the fastest or slowest with Split Detail Summary Min/Max Highlighting (New!).
- Record either Metric or English interval distances: 25, 50, 100, 200, or 400 meters or 25, 50, 110, 220, or 440 yards, or Lap mode for distance independent timing.
- Time any number of competitors simultaneously with the Multiwatch mode, starting the watches at the same time or independently.
- Quickly recall any recorded timing event in the History view, including athlete name, event name, race start date and time, final time, lap times, split breakdown, closing splits, and split summary info (Min, Max, and Avg lap).
- Sort timing events by date, event distance, event name, or athlete name.
- Individual splits are fully editable, including add, change and delete. Also, you can change the base units and split modes for any event in your database. This makes it easy to fix timing glitches.
- Email or AirPrint (New!) a Split Report with all the event info and split breakdown right from Splitwatch. Generate reports for a single race or combine multiple races in one report and then email or print to any AirPrint compatible printer.
- Tap the Splitwatch main time display to swap the running time with the lap time.
- Flashes each time the start/lap/stop buttons are hit for positive click feedback.
- Optionally produces a click sound for each start/lap/stop tap.
- Optionally disables the lap button for 2 seconds to prevent unintentional double-clicks.
- Lap mode allows you to record events where the intervals are not tied to a specific distance.
- Furlong mode is for horse racing. Distances are displayed in fractions of a mile instead of yards.
- Onboard manual and email support for your questions.
New features in v.2.3 make Splitwatch even more useful:
- AirPrint: Now you can print your split reports to any AirPrint compatible printer.
- Split Detail Summary Min/Max Highlighting: Tap any Min or Max time in the split detail summary and that part of the race is highlighted in the split detail view (works in Splitwatch view and History view). Makes it easy to quickly analyze and identify segments of a race where the pace was fastest or slowest.
- History: Returning to History view after drill down to a single event now remembers where you were. This makes reviewing a group of events easier.
Ratings and Reviews
Very useful and well organized app
I'm a swim coach for a high school and even though I just recently purchased the app I have found great use for it during swim meets and invitationals. Certainly much easier and better organized to use then a traditional type stopwatch. Highly recommend purchasing this app. Only suggestion for now that I can think of would be that it'd be nice to have the ability to time 6 people at a time instead of just 5, but other than that I really don't have any other complaints. Thank you for such a great timing app.
Good! but can be much better...
This app is good but you better be PERFECT with hitting each button, otherwise it throws everything off. I think being able to edit more would really put this app over the top!! For example: I used it for a distance event at a track meet last night and there were 5 of my girls in a race and I accidentally hit the wrong name for a split. Since there is no way to edit it...I'm left with either having to delete both of the girls races or in this app "Marie" is "Kylie" in real life. So maybe a simple name editor would be nice too. If this corrected I will be more than happy to upgrade to 5 stars.
better than the rest
could u se some additional functionality like data export, custom distances (3000m is 7.5 laps but saved as 8) and the interface is a little tricky to navigate but it's better than the rest...I like being able to look at history. although, it is getting a bit crowded after 4 seasons of data
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.