SPOC - Your Single Point of Contact
By Peter Le Fol
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
SPOC. One word changes everything.
"Inspired" - Stephen Fry
What is SPOC?
SPOC is the Single Point Of Contact that connects you by email or phone using one unique word.
Your SPOC can be anything you wish, it's unique just like you.
Choose your SPOC and simply update your profile whenever you change phone number, email address or location. You can have as many numbers and email addresses as you wish.
Use the “Follow” feature for friends or businesses so you can contact them even if they change numbers or location.
Sharing numbers and email addresses is history, simply share your SPOC and stay connected.
What's the ^ symbol?
The ^ symbol is the signature for SPOC. Use the symbol before your SPOC when you sign emails or messages and everyone will be able to connect with the latest email or telephone you wish them to use.
For instance, all technical support matters for SPOC are at ^support and all publicity related matters are at ^press.
How do I set up my SPOC?
* Download the app and sign in.
* Select the icon “Me” at the foot of the screen, this is your profile.
* Add as many phone numbers and email addresses you wish to share.
Other users can “Follow” you and see this information.
If you prefer you can make your profile private, that way other users will request to be connected with you.
By following other users, they will automatically appear in your SPOC contacts and their information will be the very latest provided.
If you wish to change your phone number, it will be instantly updated with all the contacts who follow you. For instance, if you left your cell phone at home you can add a friends’ number to your profile for the day and not have to keep anyone informed of the change before switching back.
How do I invite Friends or Contacts to connect?
* Select the icon “More” at the foot of the screen.
* Now select “Find contacts from your address book”, this will scan your phone contacts to see who has a SPOC.
* Finally, select “Next” in the top right of the screen and you will see your list of current contacts to invite them individually.
You can search for people and businesses anywhere in the world with a SPOC. Use the “Follow" link to include them in your contacts, if they have a private profile a notification to add you to their contacts will appear under “Requests" on their app.
We think it’s great to be able to decide in what order you want people displayed or if you want to use nicknames such as Mum, Dad or even Ugly Betty and Dime Bar Dave.
You can do this by using the “Change Nickname” feature shown at the bottom of every contact you have.
You can include any contact by using “Add" in the top right of the screen. Put them in any order you wish by using the "Drag and Drop” feature.
* Select “Edit" in the top left
* Press and hold the three-line icon on the right of each entry to move it up and down the screen order as you wish.
We have a huge amount of new features lined up in development and are bringing you SPOC as early as we can. Instant messaging, mail handling, really cool location services and much more will be released every 10-14 days so keep updating to get the latest tools and features.
What's New in Version 1.12
- Added emergency contact field
- Added IMEI field
- Added option to be notified of location updates