SpoonRead is an innovative reading game that brings families together so your child can excel in reading and you can stay connected with your child’s mobile life.
• “Spoonfuls” of text from the book delivered to your child’s phone or tablet on a parent-set schedule
• Clear, easy assigning and tracking of reading
• Quickly discover your child’s reading level
• Genre recommendations or choose your own
• Play anywhere at your own pace, parent set
• Colorful, stimulating delivery of book content
• “Rewards Drawer” with options for purchased and un-purchased rewards
• Improves comprehension, extends vocabulary, increases fluency and prepares your children for literary testing at school
• For iPhones and iPad
• Child app always Ad-free
• Parents are always in control of rewards and purchases and other aspects of the children’s experience
• Complete privacy and security for your children, no personal data on your children is collected, your children access the application with a parent-generated code and are anonymous. We only use avatars and we encourage the on boarding of your children using only nick names
1. Child can compare their performance (coins total) against other children by tapping on the coins total on their Home screen, to see the Leaderboard.
2. Active fundraising events at the child's school are visually highlighted for the parent, with call to action.
3. Upgrade required to latest version; this check is now performed in multiple locations within the app.
4. Explanatory text and helpful suggestions have been added to multiple screens in the parent app.
5. Other UI enhancements and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Genius idea! Love the app
My kids love this app! I assign them books, my kids get the books delivered to them in small chunks (paragraphs at a time or a chapter at a time, whichever I choose!), they answer questions like it's a game (and so I can verify they read :-) and then to reward them for reading, I send them a nice $ prize from the Rewards Drawer. So simple ALL automated for the parent. And now my kids can't wait to read!
- Santa Cruz, CA
I love this app! It is a great way to help kids read and it gives them incentives to keep going! This is the future of mobile reading!
Such a great new reading app! Can't wait for more books! Really gets the kids reading!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.