Yahoo Sports: Football & More
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Never miss a touchdown! Yahoo Sports is the best way to follow every first down, fumble, and field goal.
Check out everything Yahoo Sports has to offer:
Sign in and set your favorite teams to get schedules, game highlights, and updates in your own personalized news stream.
Stay up to date on all the scores, stats and leagues you follow.
Get exclusive content from writers like Dan Wetzel and Pat Forde, along with the most important headlines in sports.
Stream hundreds of live MLB and NHL games for free, and check out today's hottest highlights - all in one place.
Set alerts for your favorite teams and get notifications when you want them. Follow every scoring play or only when a game starts. Your choice.
Included in Yahoo Sports:
- MLB: Watch hundreds of free live MLB games
- NFL: Scores, highlights, breaking news and stats
- College Football, College Basketball, College Women’s Basketball
- NBA, WNBA: Scores, highlights, breaking news and stats
- NHL: Watch hundreds of free live NHL games
- Premier League, League Two, League One, Championship, Scottish Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup,
- Champions League, Europa League, Copa America,
- Ligue 1, Coupe de la Ligue, Coupe de France, Tropee des Champions, Ligue 2,
- Bundesliga, German Super Cup, DFB Pokal,
- MLS, Russian Premier League, Eredivisie, Brazil Serie A,
- Italian Serie A, Coppa Italia, Serie B,
- La Liga, Copa del Rey, Segunda Division, Spanish Super Cup
- Golf - PGA, LPGA, PGA Champions, PGA Web.com, PGA European,
- Auto Racing - NASCAR Sprint, NASCAR Xfinity, IndyCar, Formula 1
- Tennis - Men's Tennis, Women's Tennis
Make Yahoo Sports yours:
1. Sign in with your Yahoo account to get the best experience across all devices
2. Star your favorite teams and leagues to get personalized news and updates about the sports you want
3. Set alerts for your favorite teams so that you get notifications when you want them.
4. Get exclusive content from our writers like Dan Wetzel and Pat Forde.
What's New in Version 7.0.0
• The “Watch” tab, where you can stream live games and catch today’s hottest highlights.
• Trending headlines section to keep you up to date on top sports news.
• New boxing section so you can follow every knockout.
• Note that the Alerts Center has moved to the left sidebar as “Notifications”.
• Slimmer news article cards.
• Fix for unintended re-subscription to trending news alerts.
• Fix for date navigation issues.
(iPhone X design update is coming soon)
Does the Easy Stuff Well but Notifications Spams You
In a previous life back when this app was called Sportacular, developed by Citizen Sports, it had a clean and simple interface yet presented a large amount of information to the user. The Baseball stats were on par with the official MLB app and other sports were top of the industry. This is what put them in the crosshairs Yahoo. At first not much changed with the app until the focus moved to more social and news aggregation. In order to get notifications or alerts from your favorite teams you need to give the app permission to send notifications. In a well behaved app this normally isn’t a big deal, but with Yahoo Sports they send unwanted and unrelated notifications for news stories and teams in sports you may don't even follow. Apple clearly states in their guidelines that push notifications are not to be used for unsolicited messages (4.5.3). What is strange is that I don’t see where this would be advantageous to Yahoo unless the scheme is to just get users to engage with the app.
Customization of the notification system would turn this into a five star app for sure, but until these spam notification practices are resolved it remains a solid app that can be a nuisance.
Simply the Best Sports App
I’ve been obsessed with sports since before I can remember and need to check scores, schedules, and stats daily. I’ve tried out all the major sports apps and Yahoo Sports is just far superior to all the rest. A Must own app for every sports fan.
*Tip: Be sure to activate the “dark theme”in the settings because it is much cleaner and aesthetically pleasing than the default white theme.
Don’t take over audio unnecessarily
Great app. Quickest I’ve found at simply showing me the scores I want to see.
But since I’m playing music on my phone almost all the time and this app takes over the audio signal unnecessarily - before I’ve tapped on a video - I always hesitate to open it.
Developers: only stop the already-playing audio if, and only if, the user taps on a video. Otherwise, let whatever the user is already listening to keep playing.
- Category: Sports
- Updated: Nov 27, 2017
- Version: 7.0.0
- Size: 158 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Yahoo! Inc.
- © 2017 Yahoo! Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes