Yahoo Sports - your teams, your scores, your news
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Football season is here! And all is right with the world.
Check out everything Yahoo Sports has to offer:
Sign in and set your favorite teams to get schedules, game highlights, and updates in your own personalized news stream.
Stay up to date on all the scores, stats and leagues you follow.
Get exclusive content from writers like Adrian Wojnarowski, Dan Wetzel, and Pat Forde along with the most important headlines in sports.
Set alerts for your favorite teams and get notifications when you want them. Follow every scoring play or only when a game starts. Your choice.
• Live games
Watch hundreds of live MLB and NHL games for free. No subscription required.
Included in Yahoo Sports:
- MLB: Watch hundreds of free live MLB games
- NFL: Scores, highlights, breaking news and stats
- College Football, College Basketball, College Women’s Basketball
- NBA, WNBA: Scores, highlights, breaking news and stats
- NHL: Watch hundreds of free live NHL games
- Premier League, League Two, League One, Championship, Scottish Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup,
- Champions League, Europa League, Copa America,
- Ligue 1, Coupe de la Ligue, Coupe de France, Tropee des Champions, Ligue 2,
- Bundesliga, German Super Cup, DFB Pokal,
- MLS, Russian Premier League, Eredivisie, Brazil Serie A,
- Italian Serie A, Coppa Italia, Serie B,
- La Liga, Copa del Rey, Segunda Division, Spanish Super Cup
- Golf - PGA, LPGA, PGA Champions, PGA Web.com, PGA European,
- Auto Racing - NASCAR Sprint, NASCAR Xfinity, IndyCar, Formula 1
- Tennis - Men's Tennis, Women's Tennis
Make Yahoo Sports yours:
1. Sign in with your Yahoo account to get the best experience across all devices
2. Star your favorite teams and leagues to get personalized news and updates about the sports you want
3. Set alerts for your favorite teams so that you get notifications when you want them.
4. Get exclusive content from our writers like Adrian Wojnarowski, Dan Wetzel, and Pat Forde.
What's New in Version 6.3
We are happy to announce theming support in this version!
Here is the full list
- Switch between light & dark theme, it’s your choice! (iPhone only)
- Start Screen: you can now customize where the app starts.
- The app is now iOS10 ready
- Fixed a few bugs to make this NFL season amazing
- Please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and help us improve the app, we promise to respond to your feedback.
decent update, a bit laggy now
The new night mode is awesome and looks great. The ability to change the startup screen is great too. But the app lags quite a bit now with all these new animations to swipe across say, the MLB page to see the scores, standings, videos, whatever. It's intuitive, but my 6S sputters out the animations which shouldn't happen with the second fastest iPhone on the market. Another minor gripe I have is I wish rosters could be organized by postition, rather than names. Or have the option to sort rosters by position. For example, if I'm trying to see the pitching rotation for the Kansas City Royals, I have to sort through a list of names I mostly don't even recognize, the same goes for any other team sport. It's a minor gripe for an otherwise great app.
I preferred the layout before the most recent update. But what bothers me the most is that when I get a notification for a Yahoo! Sports news article on my smartphone but the Yahoo! Sports app is already active, when I tap on the notification to read the article, it will direct me to the article. It will just take me to the most recent page the Yahoo! Sports app was on. Not only that, but when I actively search for the article within the app, I can never find it! It's frustrating and surprising that I'll get notifications for Yahoo! Sports news articles but can never find the actual article on the Yahoo! Sports app. Besides this glitch I still like the app better than the ESPN one.
WORST UPDATE YET DONT DOWNLOAD
I do like that they brought back the dark background but now with this update the scores do not upload and a lot of times I have to re load the app for it to work. When you are in the preview screen it shows you some of the scores but when you go into a specific sport all you get is a blank screen. When you return to the previous screen all you get is a Blank screen now. I used to love this app but after this latest update I am looking for other apps that work better. I hope you fix it before I switch because this used to be a great app but now it's useless most of the times, it takes way too long to get the scores you need so I just go online to my scores now.
- Category: Sports
- Updated: Sep 15, 2016
- Version: 6.3
- Size: 107 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Yahoo! Inc.
- © 2016 Yahoo! Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes