SportsDay TALK w/ 1310 The Ticket
By The Dallas Morning News
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get the best of SportsDay, Sportsradio 1310 The Ticket and sports in D-FW with the must-have SportsDay TALK app. Access articles, chats and blogs from SportsDay and enjoy live broadcasts from SportsRadio 1310 The Ticket. It’s a D-FW’s sports lover’s dream.
-> Live, buffering Sportsradio 1310 The Ticket broadcasts (with a pause feature) – buffer extra minutes of audio to rewind, fast forward, or play
-> Archived broadcasts from The Ticket
-> Articles and blogs from SportsDay
-> Up-to-the-minute scores and schedules for your favorite teams -- including the Cowboys, Mavericks, Stars and Rangers -- as well as football and basketball coverage for Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, SMU, Oklahoma, Baylor, TCU and North Texas.
-> Live chats and Twitter feeds from Tim Cowlishaw, Rick Gosselin, Gordon Keith and more — all without having to leave the app
Brought to you by The Dallas Morning News, SportsDay and Sportsradio 1310 The Ticket.
What's New in Version 2.0.3
So frustrating. Much better when podcast was sent out
I love the ticket but this app has some serious issues. I've held my tongue since it came out, thinking that it could get fixed naturally, but it it has not. Issues:
1. The ads during the stream randomly interrupt the talking often! There is enough commercials already. Make the stream commercials coincide with the radio commercials.
2. The clips do not have time numbers so you can't keep track of where you are during a long segment (see weekly wrap up). Also, clips will cut off at awkward moments and without time it can be hard to tell if the clip is over or the app messed up. Both seem to happen equally.
3. Even if there was time markers, you can't scroll time at any reasonable speed. So if you're 15 minutes into the bob and dan weekly wrap up and you have to do something else, it's extremely annoying to come back to.
4. Along with the other two above, I'll get calls or something will happen in my listening, and then I come back to the app and the app has restarted and lost my place..... Very frustrating when I just want to hear the Last hour of a podcast.
5. With the previous set up thru iTunes podcast, nearly all these issues were solved. I realize now they stream instead of download, but it was a much better system before.
6. The rest of the app I don't even open.
I hope this is helpful criticism and doesn't fall on deaf ears! Please fix my favorite app!!!!!
Love the ticket but this app is incredibly frustrating in its current form. Pause the stream, set my phone down, come back five minutes later and hit play - I'll get about 30 seconds of segment before its cut off by a commercial and then it will jump to a live stream, erasing the audio between when I paused and live. I'm not asking for an hour of buffering here, just 10 or 15 minutes would be nice. Two stars because it streams live fine and long as you don't try to use any of the features such as pause, rewind, fast forward.
I don't normally write reviews, but I'm hoping mine, combined with others, helps to spurn dramatic improvement in the stability of the app.
I have listed to the Ticket literally since January 24, 1994 and love the station. However, I am sorely disappointed in the basic functionality of this app. Even on an iPhone 6+, the app will reset and often fails to work on the first try.
Please use improved software, maybe akin to the Tune In app, and help save listeners from outside DFW from trying to find other avenues for listening to our favorite station.
- Category: Sports
- Updated: Feb 20, 2015
- Version: 2.0.3
- Size: 12.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: A.H. Belo Management Services, Inc.
- © Dallas Morning News
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.